JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If I die today, my son will inherit a silencer (with ATF paperwork in my name). I hope that someday he'll also inherit some full-auto weapons, short barreled rifles, etc. But let's not get ahead of ourselves...

From my limited research, it looks like he'll have to submit the ATF Form 5 and FBI Form FD-258 (fingerprints) for a tax-exempt transfer.

Has anyone here done this? Does it also involve that bureaucratic pain in the *ss 7-month wait like the initial Form 4?

And, who would actually hold onto the loot during that delay?

If you went the trust route and not CLEO route, I would contact the attorney that did the trust and ask him/her.

In my trust my cousin will get my toys, not sure what he has to do on his end when I kick the bucket. I just added his name on the last page.

Get a family trust. That's the best way. Then, as he gets older, anyone named in the trust can use the firearms. Call Dennis Brislawn @ Brislawn Lofton attys. He'll do an ironclad trust for you.

It appears from his post above that he has NFA item(s) are "personally" owned. To move items already owned into your trust as the legal owner you will have to pay the $200 transfer fee/item, fill out all the paperwork and "wait" for approval.

If the OP is in the process of buying more items I fully agree that going with a trust is the easiest/best way to not only transfer the items to your family but they can also have legal possession of them to use any time.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top