JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Little late to the party here but, my Standard catalog of military firearms shows the following prices.
Springfield 03.
Exc 1800 vg 950 good 750 fair 600.
C stock adds value how much depends on the person I'd say your in at least the good range with it even if mixed parts. C stocks are going for dumb money right now even with the deep scratch on the left it appears to be a nice stock set.
1909 mauser
Exc 800, vg 600, good 450, fair 300
Bayonet 150-75
Garand has been well covered
Hope this is at least somewhat useful

Little late to the party here but, my Standard catalog of military firearms shows the following prices.
Springfield 03.
Exc 1800 vg 950 good 750 fair 600.
C stock adds value how much depends on the person I'd say your in at least the good range with it even if mixed parts. C stocks are going for dumb money right now even with the deep scratch on the left it appears to be a nice stock set.
1909 mauser
Exc 800, vg 600, good 450, fair 300
Bayonet 150-75
Garand has been well covered
Hope this is at least somewhat useful
Late to the party or not, thank you for the info!

Also i wasn't aware a demilled firearm required any BGC at all. I thought if it is properly demilled to BATFE specifications it is no longer considered a firearm.

If you cannot restore it to firing condition, then it isn't a firearm, and demilling (cutting it up across the receiver) does that, but simply welding the chamber closed so it won't chamber a cartridge means it can still be restored to firing condition (unless you weld the barrel to the action).

While I did indeed witness what I described, and the rifle had a welded receiver (the owner stated so) it is possible there could have been another cause. Improper handloading could have been the culpret.

What I do know is that there is a great deal of commotion after a firearm explosion. The owner looked like he had been Mike Tyson's helmet-less sparring partner for 2 rounds.

The Tanker conversion was of interest to me and I thought about picking one up. That's the reason I got behind this fellow as he shot his. As far as I know they were made up on welded receivers with many converted to .308 (7.62). I don't know if the conversions were done in the U.S. or they were imported that way.

Garand's commonly sold for $79.00 - $89.00 back in the day. I can't say I remember any particular interest in them by shooters.

When HBO released their series Band of Brothers, the market for Garands went through the roof.
Before that, M1 Garands were Grandpas old beater that he had in the war and AR-15's were cool and desirable.

IF the front of the rcvr HAS NOT been messed with, and still passes the Rockwell Hardness test per spec, then other than the discoloration, the Alignment of the 2 halves can affect the function of the Op rod, and IF the Mid Ship weld is crap then the rcvr may crack, but NOT BLOW UP..

I have had some that were the single mid rcvr cut and been rewelded, & if aligned correctly functioned fine.. If improper alignment the op rod could bind at some point...

I wound up w/ 1 that had been Middle cut AND the top 20 degrees of the rcvr ring had been removed, then wellded, bored, & rethreaded...:eek::eek:

I got it from a foru member who had shot hundreds of rnds thru it w/o any issues....

I had a Gun Guy Master machinist do the rockwell test all over it and It had been properly re- heat treated & runs fine..

It sometimes is hard to toss the baby out w/ the bath water...

INTERESTED IF Still available.. PM inbound

I watched a fellow at the range uncase an M1 Garand Tanker Model. Curious, I stood behind him at a respectful distance. It blew up on the first shot with a bright yellow flash. He was okay, the rifle junk. His face was soot coated, his rifle in pieces. The rifle had a welded receiver.
When it comes to welding, a lot of care has to be taken. Its not simply put together, weld, and done. There are a lot of welded receivers that are still running. Conversely, many more welded receivers that aren't welded anymore.

If your valuations are for "insurance coverage" then double everything you heard here. You never know when a fire, burglary, or boat accident will sneak up on you.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top