JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Your 1911 I would value no more than $700 because of the stippling and being a mix master unless you can prove it was a arsenal rebuild... but the stippling really hurts the value.

I disagree. It was clearly set up to shoot. Really wish there was a story to go along with it. If it ever comes on the market i would be all over that. Bringing a old school comp gun to a modern comp. So cool :s0151:

I disagree. It was clearly set up to shoot. Really wish there was a story to go along with it. If it ever comes on the market i would be all over that. Bringing a old school comp gun to a modern comp. So cool :s0151:
So the man who passed shot in the CMP and earned the President's Hundred tab. Apparently that's a big deal? I'm not familiar with it at all. But he did drop and aftermarket slide and barrel onto the 1911 so he had a better barrel and target sights. Here's some pictures of it with the original setup.

002EE6D6-F915-4998-94F6-8EFFA75123AE.jpeg A91CF904-7D47-4E69-8DFA-3821C884372A.jpeg

The only thing I can comment on is the 1911a1. The stipple job destroyed collectors valve of that frame, however the usgi slide/barrel that looks unaltered may be pretty valuable seperately. You may want to split the slide/barrel off for sale separately. A good place to sell the slide/barrel is CMP forums. There is tons of guys trying to correct their CMP 1911's with mismatched slide/frames. The stippled frame with blued slide is probably worth $600-750.

I would suggest you consign those firearms with a dealer on Gunbroker that has a lot of feedback and does good photos and descriptions. Even though you will pay a selling commission, you will maximize your selling price and have virtually no effort into it. In the end you will get the best current market price minus commission. There is a couple dealers in Oregon that consign regularly there.

I suggest this because of watching collections sell at shows and dealers. Selling them yourself requires a lot of time. Selling through local dealers you are at their mercy and have only local potential buyer pool. Trying to sell on Gunbroker as a new seller you will take a big hit on selling price.

With the current pandemic and social unrest, I may be wrong on markets. Those revolvers may be valuable to new gun owners and bring a premium locally if you market them right.

Is there a certain place to look at closed auctions? I'm not seeing it.
I am registered on Gunbroker, when I open it next to the search button there's the word "Advanced", when I click on that the page that comes up has "Current Items" and "Completed Items" as options, clicking on "Completed Items" and entering what your looking for then click search button there. Hope that helps.

Here's the page: GunBroker.com - Advanced Search

Is there a certain place to look at closed auctions? I'm not seeing it.

If you're a member click on "Advanced" next to the search window, and then the "Completed Auctions" tab.

Prices are very high right now, and I think you can push something like that Ruger above $500. Let me know if you list them on Gunbroker as I'd be interested in some of them (I'm in Washington state).

If you find the same gun(s) on gb. Click watch or save it as a book mark. Print or screen shot what it sells for. This way to can follow trends. Pay attention to to how they are posted, worked, pictures and most importantly end date. All of that matters as to how well it sell. That does take time and you may feel its worth it to have someone do it for you.

Ive gotten really good at the opposite. Finding things it i want that the sell has.....spelled wrong, poorly described didnt understand the significance, put in the wrong section, horrible pictures, in turn have got some amazing deal. If you plan to sell them dont me that guy. If you plan to keep them get insurance

+1 On the wrong spelling and bad pictures, I got a deal on a Winchester model 97 with lousy pictures, its probably
85-90% and made right at the end of production. I studied one picture and was able to tell just how clean it was.

When I decided it was finally buy a Standard Products M1 carbine, I watched for some time, found the average
selling price, and used that as my max bid. When I found a good cmp gun, I think I ended up going $25.00 over my max.

So much of the value depends on condition. The Colt Trooper is not a popular revolver. My guess would be $375-$400. The real prize is the Remington in .221. My friend values his at $2500. The Colt hammerless is a collector piece and might be worth $350, The S&W Model 19-3could fetch $575, The Security Six maybe $375-425, The 1911A1 Ithaca $700 plus, The single action Colt style perhaps $350. These are all guesses on my part. Revolvers have become less popular in recent history. However your Ithaca is very popular and could bring a lot more if someone really wanted one. I'm guessing that it was military issue. There are loads of guys with far better ideas than mine, but at least you have some general idea from my guesstimates. When you get ready to sell, this is the site to do it,
All the best to you!
Based off the serial number of the 1911 I think the Remington Rand slide is original and Ithaca is a mismatch. I sold a Remington Rand about a year ago for $1300, but it was very clean. Condition can be a big factor.
I'd place the 1903 a little higher, probably about $500, and the 1911 a little less at $600-$800. That "stippling" or whatever customization does a number on the value, plus the finish is fairly worn.
If the 1911 has papers, you'd double your money. Especially if you could prove the alteration was "trench art"... however, there is a lot of fantasy in that thought.
Otherwise estimates are pretty on IMO.

I also have to admit I may be underselling the colt automatics, but that's what I'd expect from my experience around collectors.
So the 1911 belonged to my wife's uncle's uncle. He shot competition and obtained the "President's Hundred" tab. The Ithica slide is an add On with target sights and yes it looks like he "stippled" the grip. (Some things never go out of style).
Two years ago I was able to sell for a friend their Colt Trooper MKIII for $500. The example I sold was in better shape 95-98% vs yours at ~90% but we are at a point in time where it is a sellers market as firearm are great demand.

Your 1911 I would value no more than $700 because of the stippling and being a mix master unless you can prove it was a arsenal rebuild... but the stippling really hurts the value.

I carried the 1911A1 during my tour in "Big Green"... the USGI config is my all-time favorite of the 1911's.

I have an Ithaca in the same configuration and markings that I got from my dad (who bought it from someone when I was a kid), but after taking off the Pachmayr wrap-arounds revealed some DF attempted (very poorly I might add) to file checkered stippling into the front strap.... why oh WHY do meat-heads commit such blasphemy?!! :s0058:

It sits in USGI "gun restoration purgatory" with @Velzey I hope he can save it! :s0155:

Ok folks. I need some help. My wife's uncle recently passed and we have inherited a bunch of firearms. Many pistols, rifles and a shotgun. Many of these I don't know much about the value but we are looking to sell. So I've decided to reach out and see what kind of experts are out there and if you can help me assess some values. All are listed below and thank you in advance.
Colt Trooper MK III .357 Mag
Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless .32 ACP
US Arms Abilene .357 Mag Single Action
Remington XP-100 .221 Rem Fireball with Leupold scope
S&W Model 19-3 .357 Mag
Ruger Security Six .357 Mag
Ithaca M1911A1 .45 ACP

View attachment 732674 View attachment 732675 View attachment 732676 View attachment 732677 View attachment 732678 View attachment 732679 View attachment 732680 View attachment 732681 View attachment 732682 View attachment 732683 View attachment 732684 View attachment 732685 View attachment 732686 View attachment 732687 View attachment 732688 View attachment 732689 View attachment 732690 View attachment 732691 View attachment 732692 View attachment 732693 View attachment 732694
The two items of interest for me are the Colt 1903 and the government 1911.

The Colt 1903 is worth $400-$800 as it sits. The factory original magazine is worth about $200 all by itself. It is a Type I, which is the earliest model. I have an identical 1903 with a serial number a couple thousand lower that was made in 1915. I'd say yours is pre-1920. You can see traces of the factory fire bluing (actually looks blue) here and there, like on the trigger and the slide safety. Yours is in decent condition. Don't try to do anything to it to "clean it up" other than wiping it down with an oiled rag. Very much collectible.

The Remington Rand 1911 is one of the more rare government 1911s. I'd value it at around $800 and up. Anyone trying to offer you $300 for it is trying to con you.

Last Edited:
I carried the 1911A1 during my tour in "Big Green"... the USGI config is my all-time favorite of the 1911's.

I have an Ithaca in the same configuration and markings that I got from my dad (who bought it from someone when I was a kid), but after taking off the Pachmayr wrap-arounds revealed some DF attempted (very poorly I might add) to file checkered stippling into the front strap.... why oh WHY do meat-heads commit such blasphemy?!! :s0058:

It sits in USGI "gun restoration purgatory" with @Velzey I hope he can save it! :s0155:
I had a close friend who was apprenticing as a gunsmith. We went to a gun show back in about 1972, and we found a GI 1911 that someone had used metal stamps on. They had stamped "Rosalie" in every conceivable place on the gun, the slide, the frame, everywhere. My buddy bought it for $50. He took it back to the shop and used it to practice engraving on. He eventually covered up all of the metal stamping with engraving.

The two items of interest for me are the Colt 1903 and the government 1911.

The Colt 1903 is worth $400-$800 as it sits. The factory original magazine is worth about $200 all by itself. It is a Type I, which is the earliest model. I have an identical 1903 with a serial number a couple thousand lower that was made in 1915. I'd say yours is pre-1920. You can see traces of the factory fire bluing (actually looks blue) here and there, like on the trigger and the slide safety. Yours is in decent condition. Don't try to do anything to it to "clean it up" other than wiping it down with an oiled rag. Very much collectible.

The Remington Rand 1911 is one of the more rare government 1911s. I'd value it at around $800 and up. Anyone trying to offer you $300 for it is trying to con you.

I don't know about how rare it is, by the end of the war Remington Rand had produced over 875,000 pistols, almost twice as many as Colt and Ithaca combined.
A Singer is rare.

I don't know about how rare it is, by the end of the war Remington Rand had produced over 875,000 pistols, almost twice as many as Colt and Ithaca combined.
A Singer is rare.
You know, you're absolutely right. I was thinking Remington Rand instead of Singer. Singer is the rare one.

You know, you're absolutely right. I was thinking Remington Rand instead of Singer. Singer is the rare one.

They were by far the best produced by the end of the war, and that's why they were sought after when building a competition pistol for the Camp Perry pistol matches.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top