JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I inherited this Llama from my grandfather. I have been unable to find out any information on what model it is. I've taken it to a LGS and they gave me a price of a similar model out of a book, but they couldn't find this model. I was hoping someone on here would be able to give me some information or at least point me in the right direction. I have heard a story that the gun came from when my grandfather was in Italy during WWII. The right side of the frame says "Model Super Police". T he left says "Automatic-cal 9mm" then under that "Patent-(380)". Thanks for any information. 20140620_145910.jpg 20140620_145927.jpg 20140620_145943.jpg

Sounds like one of these. But I am no LLama expert.

Llama III
: Manufactured from 1936 to 1954. Self-loading pistol, locked breech operation, miniature copy of Colt 1911A1 in 9 mm corto/.380 ACP with eight-round magazine and with grip safety.

Llama VI
: Manufactured from 1932 to 1954. Self-loading pistol, locked breech, miniature copy of Colt 1911A1 in 9 mm corto/.380 ACP with grip safety. This gun looked like the model III but had a barrel that was shorter and held only 6 rounds in the magazine. Usually marked Special Police on the right of slide.

Model VI was made in .380 acp only with a grip safety and I do not have a pic of it. The gun had the locked breech design of the Colt 1911, overall length of 150mm, 80mm barrel and a 6 round magazine. They will usually be found with the marking Super Police on the right of the slide but are also not marked. Not sure any of these guns made it to the USA other than bring backs. I found this pic in my files and I have no idea where it came from. If it is copywrited let me know and I will remove it. It is a Tauler model VI and is exactly what the Llama model VI looks like.

Thank you. It's one of my favorites and it only makes it better that it was my grandfathers. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on where to find an extra magazine or two.

While you're carrying it around, after it has proved reliable with your one magazine, or not, many gun stores have boxes of old/used magazines (like five bucks ea).. ask them (and they'll generally abide) if you can try to stick x magazine into your gat.. many will even let you try to cycle/"feed" a round from the/a magazine into the/your chamber.
good luck anyway

I don't even want to know where you put a magazine in that llama lol. I'll look into getting some snap caps. Is there any particular LGS that is more likely to have a magazine that might work. I took the magazine I have to NWArmory and the guy there said he didn't have anything.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top