JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I inherited this rifle and would like to know more about it. It has scroll work all over it, with no markings other than its a 30-06. The trap door is either stuck or soldered shut. any information posted would be wonderful. Also i am not selling it but i would like a round about price. Sorry for the crappy pictures, as they are from my phone.

Thanks
Joe

IMG_0155.jpg IMG_0156.jpg IMG_0157.jpg IMG_0158.jpg IMG_0159.jpg IMG_0160.jpg IMG_0161.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The price is all over the place on these.
With no markings, it is probably a custom gun built off a new action. The actions were made for a looooong time.

There may be a custom Mauser expert that can give you a better idea. Probably will need to see it in person.

There should be markings on the bottom of the barrel in front of the action. You would need to take off the stock.

What ever type of mauser it is, there's alot of custom work put into that rifle: receiver engraving, jeweled bolt, receiver rear sight, custom stock and trigger guard. Every thing in the photo shows a total custom rifle. It's a beaut'.:s0155:

is the trap door supposed to open? I have had it all apart, and have taken the "button" out of it and the door seems to be welded/stuck. also why is it called a "large ring"?

There were two different size receivers:

Top of my head, model 93 and 95s are small ring, model 98s are large ring..( but that's over simplified..)

ETA: you have to slide the floor plate back while pushing the "button", it doesn't just pop down. ( towards the trigger guard )

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top