JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i just inherited a glock 17 9mm,only has had about 50 rounds thru it since new,i have never shot this gun,looking forward to trying it out,i have a ruger p89 9mm i really like,so is there anything i need to know about a glock?? it sure fits well in my hand!

Congrats! You're going to love it. There's really not too many special considerations when firing a Glock. The only things I can think of is use only jacketed bullets. No lead. The barrel has polygonal rifling that will quickly lead up, thereby increasing pressure. And remember that unlike your Ruger, there is no manual safety switch. Think of it as a DAO revolver with much higher capacity. Also, the Glock needs very little oil to function. Dont put oil on the plastic recoil spring guide rod, and dont put oil in the striker channel.

you will enjoy your new Glock, I suggest you go to glockparts.com as you cruise around there you will find a FAQ section in it you will find a great article on the 7 points to lube a glock, it has pics and very easy to read, just follow that when you are cleaning you pistol and it will never let you down.

Glocks shoot much better if you master the trigger reset. Basically keep the trigger depressed through the whole cycle and only let enough pressure off the trigger until you feel the click (reset). I hated shooting glocks until I was taught this.

you will enjoy your new Glock, I suggest you go to glockparts.com as you cruise around there you will find a FAQ section in it you will find a great article on the 7 points to lube a glock, it has pics and very easy to read, just follow that when you are cleaning you pistol and it will never let you down.

thanks for the info on glockparts.com,i was looking for lube info for this particular pistol,by the way i have shot it now,trigger takes a little adjustment to get comfortable with it,and the thing is much lighter than my ruger,really like that

Don't tell the haters that you have a Glock ... they will trip all over themselves warning you about ka booms - grip angles - unsupported this - cheap plastic that , and besides , ignorant people hate what they can't shoot well . Enjoy your new pistol , shoot it a lot , form your own opinion .

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top