JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My Grandfather passed away at the beginning of the year. My Grandmother finally was able to track down the combination for his large safe and when she opened it she found an old rife and revolver that she didn't even know he still had. She asked me if I would like them because I am the only one in the family that has an interest in firearms. I know nothing about them at this point. Legally how can I take possession of these? I was looking online and found some requirements about firearms needing to be transferred within 30 days of death, and we are 6+ months at this point. I just dont want to attempt to get them transferred and find out we waited to long and now legally need to surrender them or something along those lines. Or because they were married do my grandfathers possessions become hers and I would just transfer it from her? Any input?

You can legally receive them with no background check. Bequethments are exempt under federal law. there is no timeline on the transfer, as long as your able to legally possess...they're yours.

The old Army policy of :
Don't ask , don't tell ....runs through my mind , when I hear tales like this in the OP.

Just commenting here...the above is not to be taken as telling anyone what to do ....
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top