JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,

I am looking to Purchase a Keltec Sub 2K. my questions are related to FFL and what is required from me except payment.

Do I need a Firearm License?
Am I even allowed to have ownership of this type of weapon in Washington State?
Is it as easy as making my purchase and having them send it to an FFL? Do I need to notify the FFL that its coming?

Sorry for my ignorance, I truly want to educate myself.

Thank you for being patient with this first timer.

I'll leave this to those in Washington to educate you.

My only curiosity is, did you vote no against 1639, or even know about it?

your questions are a great opprtunity to go to your local gun shop and get to know the people there. most of the 2A community is welcoming and im sure they'd be more than willing to answer your questions.

likely their answers to your 4 questions above will be:
1. no
2. yes
3. yes/no but mostly yes
4. yes

but in greater detail :)

your questions are a great opportunity to go to your local gun shop and get to know the people there. most of the 2A community is welcoming and im sure they'd be more than willing to answer your questions.

likely their answers to your 4 questions above will be:
1. no
2. yes
3. yes/no but mostly yes
4. yes

but in greater detail :)

Why didnt I think of that. Thank you!

Why didnt I think of that. Thank you!
A working relationship with an FFL will come in handy at some point.
They should be closer than your neighborhood butcher.

I'm not in Warshingtonne so I'm not going to speak for anyone who knows those laws better than myself.

Welcome to the firearm world.

More than likely a good local NON-Big box gun store will have or can get you the firearm you want. They will be knowledgeable with whatever paperwork and fees that are needed. On down the road they will be a good resource for other questions. Having a solid relationship with a local gun store (LGS) pays dividends way beyond the price point IMHO.

Yes you can own one here. I have one, had 2 for a long time. The are HEAVILY maligned but I love mine. Mine is on old style that if I wear it out will be replaced. Its an "assault weapon" here now so you get the 10 day wait and have to say you passed a safety course. Course is free in some places. Sporting Systems web site will get you done for free.
The Co has never been able to make enough of these to keep up with demand. ANY FFL holder can get one for you. Either from a distributor or from another dealer as in off the auctions. You can shop on the Auctions, like Gun Broker .com and buy one yourself. You would have to make arrangements with a dealer to have it sent to. They make a couple versions so make sure you get the one you want. One version uses Glock mags. The other uses mags from several different types of firearms.

It's a simi auto rifle .
Even though it shoots a hand gun round.
So you will have to take the safety class.
The one required from 1639.
Sporting systems has online class for free.

And I don't know what one you are looking to get.
But if you researched it you know that there are different ones some use Glock mags and some use other makers mags.
I would get the one that uses Glock mags.
Because Glock has high capacity mags .
22 round for the .40 cal.
And 33 round for the 9mm.

And I don't know what one you are looking to get.
But if you researched it you know that there are different ones some use Glock mags and some use other makers mags.
I would get the one that uses Glock mags.
Because Glock has high capacity mags .
22 round for the .40 cal.
And 33 round for the 9mm.

A ar15 front site post fits the gen2 , so its easy and cheap to replace with a high viz ect

I been thinking about getting one for awhile now.
As a truck gun can fold it up and I already have plenty of Glock mags both .40 and 9mm

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top