Information on First Purchase

Reactions
Hello all,

I am looking to Purchase a Keltec Sub 2K. my questions are related to FFL and what is required from me except payment.

Do I need a Firearm License?
Am I even allowed to have ownership of this type of weapon in Washington State?
Is it as easy as making my purchase and having them send it to an FFL? Do I need to notify the FFL that its coming?

Sorry for my ignorance, I truly want to educate myself.

Thank you for being patient with this first timer.

v0lcom13sn0w

Reactions
your questions are a great opprtunity to go to your local gun shop and get to know the people there. most of the 2A community is welcoming and im sure they’d be more than willing to answer your questions.

likely their answers to your 4 questions above will be:
1. no
2. yes
3. yes/no but mostly yes
4. yes

but in greater detail :)

OP
jdomingi
Reactions
your questions are a great opportunity to go to your local gun shop and get to know the people there. most of the 2A community is welcoming and im sure they’d be more than willing to answer your questions.

likely their answers to your 4 questions above will be:
1. no
2. yes
3. yes/no but mostly yes
4. yes

but in greater detail :)
Why didnt I think of that. Thank you!

oremike

Reactions
  • Howdy Y'all
  • Navy
  • National Rifle Association
  • Army National Guard
  • Woke Up Like This
More than likely a good local NON-Big box gun store will have or can get you the firearm you want. They will be knowledgeable with whatever paperwork and fees that are needed. On down the road they will be a good resource for other questions. Having a solid relationship with a local gun store (LGS) pays dividends way beyond the price point IMHO.

Alexx1401

Reactions
Yes you can own one here. I have one, had 2 for a long time. The are HEAVILY maligned but I love mine. Mine is on old style that if I wear it out will be replaced. Its an "assault weapon" here now so you get the 10 day wait and have to say you passed a safety course. Course is free in some places. Sporting Systems web site will get you done for free.
The Co has never been able to make enough of these to keep up with demand. ANY FFL holder can get one for you. Either from a distributor or from another dealer as in off the auctions. You can shop on the Auctions, like Gun Broker .com and buy one yourself. You would have to make arrangements with a dealer to have it sent to. They make a couple versions so make sure you get the one you want. One version uses Glock mags. The other uses mags from several different types of firearms.

EPS

Reactions
It's a simi auto rifle .
Even though it shoots a hand gun round.
So you will have to take the safety class.
The one required from 1639.
Sporting systems has online class for free.

EPS

Reactions
And I don't know what one you are looking to get.
But if you researched it you know that there are different ones some use Glock mags and some use other makers mags.
I would get the one that uses Glock mags.
Because Glock has high capacity mags .
22 round for the .40 cal.
And 33 round for the 9mm.

SUPER X

Reactions
And I don't know what one you are looking to get.
But if you researched it you know that there are different ones some use Glock mags and some use other makers mags.
I would get the one that uses Glock mags.
Because Glock has high capacity mags .
22 round for the .40 cal.
And 33 round for the 9mm.
A ar15 front site post fits the gen2 , so its easy and cheap to replace with a high viz ect

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
    • HA556
  • Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done a lot of deals here
    Gary's easy to work with when in town.
    • matts
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Business!
    I have been going to Vancouver Weapon Werx for years and know both owners quite well. The only downfall is I go there to purchase or have a gun...
  • SafeFire Indoor Shooting Range & Retail
    5.00 star(s)
    A great, safe place to go shooting
    Love this place!! Great staff, the range masters are friendly, helpful and alert. This is a safe place to shoot. The store is kind of low on stock...
    • GWS
Top Bottom