JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
fell into a .20 gauge side by side, JC Higgins-Sears, shotgun yesterday and have no info about it. Wondering how old this thing is. It's in pretty good shape with really nice wood, any idea what it might be worth.

fell into a .20 gauge side by side, JC Higgins-Sears, shotgun yesterday and have no info about it. Wondering how old this thing is. It's in pretty good shape with really nice wood, any idea what it might be worth.

I've got a JC Higgins 12 gauge auto model 66 that I also 'fell' into and it's a excellent gun!

I Googled it, and found a site where I was able to download and print a complete parts diagram and discription. Sorry, I don't have the site address, but it was a easy find.

Mine was built for Sears, some say by Hi-Standard, and sold under the JC Higgins name. In their day, they were not considered an 'expensive' gun, however today, the cost of any auto shotgun is 'up there'.

If it's a 'pump', I've been told that they're worth about $150-200, and an 'auto' between $300 and $350.00.

The owner of Rich's Gun Shop in Donald claims to be an 'expert', but I'm not convinced. And the 'old boys' at the Powder Horn in Forest Grove claim to 'know' them, buy unfortunately I'm not sure they know much about anything anymore.

Frog.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top