JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I personally really love my Gronell Gardena boots.

I have had them since 2005. I am 6'4", 285 pounds, have a high arched foot and spent 12 years in the Infantry. These boots are worth every cent and they do not look like a combat boot (they are brown first off and are a technical mountianeering boot. The Gardena is not a full mountianeering sole it does flex some, it is marketed as a "hunting" boot.

Trust me, your feet will appriciate a good boot and if your feet are happy, so are you.

I won't buy anything but Danner. I go to the factory, here in Portland. I have a pair or Arcadias right now, but also like the Super Rainforests. Danner makes most of their boots overseas now, and those ones are not as good. Redwings are also really good.

sorry to revive your thread from the grave but i just thought i would add that Whites boot company makes a firefighting boot that would fit your needs well.

they are spendy though, between two and four hundred and fifty dollars. they have a raised heal so hiking hills is much easier, vibram sole, and quality construction. an awesome all around boot, and very comfrtable once broken in.

There are a lot of different boots made by a lot of different companies that are well worth trying. What you should have said in your title was "I need some boots", Danner makes excellent boots, I stop at the factory store every time I drive through portland and buy another pair even if I havn't worn out my existing pair. At this point, I think I have 4 pair of danners of different types, cuts and styles, they by far the quickest break-in of any boot I've tried, are the most comfortable, and so far the longest lasting.

I've worn plenty of other brand boots... bates, redwings, and while they do make nice boots being able to go to the factory store means I get a higher quality boot, at a lower price than the competition. The bates boots last about a year, the redwings last 2-3 years. All are good boots, but so far danner is the company I'm sticking with and have no problems recommending to anyone. I have several pairs of the danner goretex boots, I have stood for hours in freezing ankle deep water and had zero leaks and my feet were not even cold (thanks wool socks!).

If you could squeeze out a trip to PDX there is a Danner outlet store on N.E. Airport Way. My Danners are the best boots I have ever owned!

Ditto on AMProducts post, it is a large store with a huge selection.

Last Edited:
SCARPA KAILASH GTX
scarpa201203.jpg
Hiking: Sna Product Store

Are you planning on fighting off the zombies in an urban or rural environment? I'd think something along the lines of Merrells would be better for pounding cement. I'd take a pair of Whites or Wescos out here as their just about bullet proof when it comes to climbing hills in dirt and mud

My wife says that my Danner Desert TFX boots are "pretty". I got my pair while they were on sale at Cabelas for around $150 and I used one of their $20 off $150 online coupons that seem to show up on a regular basis. I love them! with a SmartWool sock they feel like I'm wearing pajamas on my feet.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top