JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am no sig expert so I can't answer all of your questions. I will say that I have owned more than a few sigs and I dont care for some of the new models. I've owned 228's, 229's, and currently own a 220 carry. They have all been great guns and not a single one has given me any problems.

I chose the 220 carry as my everyday carry gun for alot of reasons. I'm partial to 1911s so it was hard for me to deny carrying a 1911 every day but the 1911 just didn't have the features I wanted in a carry gun. Not only the 1911 but alot of other pistols didn't have the features either. Realiability, double/single action, price, size, looks, and safety all played a factor in my choice for a sig.

Funny thing is, I just picked up a xd40 subcompact and like the feel of it better than my sig. But unfortunally it doesn't meet my needs in a everyday carry weapon as my sig does.

Now if sig would just come out with a GOOD pistol with a smaller grip then I would be 100% happy.

22MANY. Sig did at one time. It was called the Sig P245. Same size slide as a P220 carry, but with the shorter frame you are wanting. Holds six rounds of 45 acp. All the features of the P220 in a smaller package. They still can be found. Mine is German made. I sold mine, but was lucky enough to buy it back. Won't happen again. You can see the size in the photo. And no, I do not have giant hands. I was a fan for the same reasons listed.

Love the 45acp for a carry gun.
Gun will fit in my front pants pocket. You want my wallet. OK, let me git it for you.
Can't get my head into cocked and locked 1911 compact pocket carry.
I know that this is a mental thing, but feel safer with it in my pocket than a G36 with no hammer.
Love the decocker feature. I never felt safe lowering the hammer on my 1911.

SIGP245 004.jpg

I don't own a 220 but I shot a 220 carry right out of the box. Unbelievable accuracy! When I was in a police academy, the firearms instructor had a customized 220 that behaved like it had a scope on it. He was putting rounds in the 10 ring at 25 yards effortlessly. I am a Glock guy, but I would trust my life to a 220 SRT anyday.

A few years ago I purchased a 220 in 9mm. I love it. I got it for about $450 because of the new magazine price.(I could not buy American mags for it, so I had to buy the European version($50 bucks each) then have a smith work his magic and 9 mags later I was poorer but happy). The only time I have ever had a problem with it was when someone gave me some reloads to try, totally messed up the ejector. I made this mistake only twice before I refuse to shoot reloads out of it. I prefer the 220 over my formerly owned glocks and my current 1911's because it fits my hand better. However,I do like my 1911's. One of these days, I will get a 220 in .45.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top