JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thinking about my next toy and cant seem to find the info im looking for that i can trust. Id like To buy something done that works and is reliable. Looking for input on brands, what to look for or what not to get.

Thinking about my next toy and cant seem to find the info im looking for that i can trust. Id like To buy something done that works and is reliable. Looking for input on brands, what to look for or what not to get.
As far as binary triggers go on non locking lug type firearms like blowback 9mm or 22 etc. You want to buy a binary trigger with a safety built in that prevents you from going faster than the action.

AKA, a round can be heading into the chamber and the hammer can drop prematurely with some binary triggers, hitting the firing pin and detonating the round before it fully chambers.

MAC thinks highly of them lol

I have the BM9Echo. The hard part for me is finding somewhere to shoot it in Echo mode. I need to drive a ways out to get some USFS land.
I'm in Wa so as far as I know they are still illegal but is the USFS land have to do with legality? Thanks

Nothing.

My point was that I have NO USFS land nearby. All I have within 1 hrs drive are ranges. They REFUSE TO ALLOW RAPID FIRE.
There is 1 range, 45 mins away, but I have to join the club at $150 p/yr. Then I can rapid fire AND use my steel targets. Its just that paying that much $$$ really chaps my hide.

If you want to go this way the Fostech Echo is what I would do. The damn thing is VERY tempting to me but as terdog mentioned I am in the same boat. If I took it to my range they would be back there frowning at me before I could finish one mag. The drive up the mountain to shoot it is a day trip. They do look VERY damn nice and fun though.

If you want to go this way the Fostech Echo is what I would do. The damn thing is VERY tempting to me but as terdog mentioned I am in the same boat. If I took it to my range they would be back there frowning at me before I could finish one mag. The drive up the mountain to shoot it is a day trip. They do look VERY damn nice and fun though.
They r fun but don't forget about ammo cost though. On a 22 it doesn't matter but other calibers can add up real quick. My echo sport on a 15-22 fires at 600rpm. So 9mm at that rate would get spendy. But 2 shot groups though holy moly they r fast. Sounds like a single shot. Here is a 10 round burst with echo sport on the 15-22 (Note that manufacturer says it doesn't work on a 15-22):

They r fun but don't forget about ammo cost though. On a 22 it doesn't matter but other calibers can add up real quick. My echo sport on a 15-22 fires at 600rpm. So 9mm at that rate would get spendy. But 2 shot groups though holy moly they r fast. Sounds like a single shot. Here is a 10 round burst with echo sport on the 15-22 (Note that manufacturer says it doesn't work on a 15-22):

Looks like fun alright. Even that would of course be the same situation, no where around me to shoot it but damn it would be fun and a LOT cheaper. Ever since I built my first AR pistol in 9mm I have been going through a lot of 9 ammo:D

Nothing.

My point was that I have NO USFS land nearby. All I have within 1 hrs drive are ranges. They REFUSE TO ALLOW RAPID FIRE.
There is 1 range, 45 mins away, but I have to join the club at $150 p/yr. Then I can rapid fire AND use my steel targets. Its just that paying that much $$$ really chaps my hide.

North Fork Wolf Creek or Tri County with a action range certification.

They have reopened the mountain road here again. It was closed for a good while due to all the nasty weather. It's a nice trip and when we go we stop on the way back to eat and such but, it's still basically a day trip. If I ever hit the lotto I will have to have a place with enough land I can shoot in my own "back yard" again. If I ever get that man would stuff like this be FUN!!

I'm with ya on that.
Tuesday I ordered 4 boxes of the Browning 150 rnd, 124 grn from Acadamy Sports, and 500 rnds of Federal 115 grn from Cabela's.

But DAMN! Its so much fun!

I am pretty sure it is no go at tri county even with action range certification. I take my AR pistol with a binary trigger every time I go to Woolf Creek though. It is a hoot with the CMMG .22 conversion and a binary trigger. I just recently picked up 2 of the 50 round drums for the .22 conversion so mag dumps take a bit longer.

From the Tri-county bylaws (and I believe they clarified it to include binary triggers at the new member meeting.
1583423554191.png

From the Tri-county bylaws (and I believe they clarified it to include binary triggers at the new member meeting.
View attachment 666432
That sure sounds like it would eliminate these. I can see why any formal range does this. It's just too damn hard to control stupid people. If they allowed these there is just too much chance someone would do something stupid and hurt someone. Then here comes the law suit.

That sure sounds like it would eliminate these. I can see why any formal range does this. It's just too damn hard to control stupid people. If they allowed these there is just too much chance someone would do something stupid and hurt someone. Then here comes the law suit.
Especially someone new to rapid fire could have muzzle climb or other loss of control . For low recoil it's not much of a an issue but people do really stupid things, like letting a 9 year old shoot a full auto uzi (warning, no graphic content in video below but still ugly to see).

Last Edited:
Especially someone new to rapid fire could have muzzle climb or other loss of control . For low recoil it's not much of a an issue but people do really stimulus things, like letting a 9 year old shoot a full auto uzi (warning, no graphic content in video below but still ugly to see).
Yep that is a PRIME example of stupidity. When I and some friends had some full auto stuff we did not hand one to a new shooter with a full mage. We would have them shoot one at a time first. Then put a mag with 5 round in to try on auto. When they were comfortable with it then they could try a mag dump. The people who handed that little girl that gun were morons.

View attachment 666432
Interesting. Was there a few weeks back, I'm pretty sure there was a guy shooting one in one of the bays. That or he was just really fast with his trigger finger!

I'm definitely not going to put my membership on trial over such a thing though.