JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I finally got the video done about the April 30th event, Pick Up The Burn. (Way too much video to sort through)!

@Cosimel , @Rem700..300 , @WrenchNguns ... YouTube stars!

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You'll notice, I didn't make this to be a video about shooting in the woods. I wanted to make a vid that the Left side might be willing to share. My hope is that it may help shed a good light on recreational target shooting if they see we are responsible individuals and we care about public lands, and our kind of recreation, too. But since it's my video, and Sharon (of DNR) mentioned target shooting, I wanted to be sure we were well represented.

Let me know what you think!

I finally got the video done about the April 30th event, Pick Up The Burn. (Way too much video to sort through)!

@Cosimel , @Rem700..300 , @WrenchNguns ... YouTube stars!

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Good video Bill, except the guy in the blue and black jacket. He doesn't seem credible :D
I really appreciate your work on the videos and every other aspect of TNL.

Great video. The camera footage is super clear. Really sends a great message. For non-scripted talking, it turned out great. I hate listening and seeing myself on camera though. All I can think is. "Who is that old guy?"
Thanks Bill, Steve, Gary, Tracy and others for a fun day.

You'll notice, I didn't make this to be a video about shooting in the woods. I wanted to make a vid that the Left side might be willing to share. My hope is that it may help shed a good light on recreational target shooting if they see we are responsible individuals and we care about public lands, and our kind of recreation, too. But since it's my video, and Sharon (of DNR) mentioned target shooting, I wanted to be sure we were well represented.

Let me know what you think!
I think you did perfect and agree its good this is a video that anyone can share. I like that it shows the focus of all user groups coming together keeping the woods clean. Well done.

A fishing scam has been happening on the Trash No Land donation links!

Someone, or several people, have been testing stolen credit card numbers on our donation links! They are running the card numbers on our link with a donation of $1.00 (a couple of them have been at $25.00). They have been trying well over 1500 attempts to test credit cards. If they are denied by, my card processing company, they don't try it again. If they are approved, they will charge a larger amount on their own processing link and deposit the funds directly to their own account. Crazy wierd!

By now, I should have an extra $50 bucks to the Trash No Land General fund account and $40+ to the Graffiti Removal Program account, but my card processing company refunded all those $1.00 charges (because I asked them to!). These were cards from people all over the US, and many foreign countries as well. It's been happening since mid April '22. I know they are not real donations because they do not include an email reply address and there are hundreds of donations, for the same $1.00 amount, per day.

To resolve the situation, Host Merchant Services and Swipe Simple wiped out all our donation links and I rebuilt them with new ones. We are now back to normal. No new fraud attempts have been made since May 6th.

This is NOT a case of being 'hacked'. It's simply criminals testing stolen credit card numbers against a link to see which cards are still active and may have a balance on them. Those cards that are approved are the ones they will hit hard and will drain someone's account.

It's a shame we can't track down who's doing this! With all the technology we have today, you'd think they could trace the perpetrators and turn them in.

So for now, all donation links are good to go!

Thanks for supporting Trash No Land and helping to save our places to shoot on public lands!

https://www.trashnoland.org/support/donate/

Thanks Cogs, your crew keeps the forest open.
Thanks! It's all of us that do it. Trash No Land doesn't have a crew... we just try to encourage everyone to chip in to help save shooting in the woods. So, it's a movement we all share.

We just need it to catch on more often!

Thanks! It's all of us that do it. Trash No Land doesn't have a crew... we just try to encourage everyone to chip in to help save shooting in the woods. So, it's a movement we all share.

We just need it to catch on more often!
It's always a struggle, we have between 52 and 118 volunteers annually to remove fallen trees from trails on Federal lands.
I call them all "Crew" because the organization does not exist without them.
The fed's Rona Rules made it nearly impossible for the last two years. Haaaa. Good job just the same. :D

It's always a struggle, we have between 52 and 118 volunteers annually to remove fallen trees from trails on Federal lands.
I call them all "Crew" because the organization does not exist without them.
The fed's Rona Rules made it nearly impossible for the last two years. Haaaa. Good job just the same. :D
Yeah, they do have their rules! Last 2 years we bypassed the agencies and just cleaned up as we could. We had to pay for disposal and bags, but it worked just fine. The fallen tree removal work you do sounds like it would be harder to bypass the agency.

Now that agencies have eased up on their event restrictions, we're able to work with them as normal now. Still, I'm prepared to cover disposal cost when needed. If people need help with the disposal cost of a shooting site cleanup they do, I'll help with that too (event or no event).

Yeah, they do have their rules! Last 2 years we bypassed the agencies and just cleaned up as we could. We had to pay for disposal and bags, but it worked just fine. The fallen tree removal work you do sounds like it would be harder to bypass the agency.

Now that agencies have eased up on their event restrictions, we're able to work with them as normal now. Still, I'm prepared to cover disposal cost when needed. If people need help with the disposal cost of a shooting site cleanup they do, I'll help with that too (event or no event).
We basically told them to Suck It in 2020 and went on about our business. In October they asked for a total of our volunteer hours for the year for the "feather in their cap" from the Brass. Haaa.... oh well, all is well that ends well. It is dangerous work though, we have had a few close calls with those trees. We are all certified sawyers but that doesn't mean much on your tombstone.

No Shooting Today.jpg
SAT, MAY 21, 2022, TILLAMOOK STATE FOREST,
NORTH FORK WOLF CREEK SHOOTING LANES

SUNRISE TO 2 PM

Details: https://www.trashnoland.org/cleanup-repairs-wolf-creek-shooting-lanes/
Discussion: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...creational-shooting-lanes.228336/post-3249879

Lunch, Free Prizes & Group Shoot after event.

Trash No Land is offering to cover disposal costs for individuals who do their own cleanups at shooting sites in Oregon and Washington. I hope it eases the concern about your out-of-pocket disposal cost and helps promote individual efforts to help save our places to shoot.

So far, only about 3 people have taken me up on the offer, while a few others have elected to cover the cost themselves (which is awesome they do that!).

If you send me the receipt, photos of what you did, and the GPS of the place you cleaned (I won't publicize your secret spot, but I will boast about what you did!), I will gladly send you a check to reimburse the disposal cost.

Also, let me know if you have a group cleanup event you'd like to do and I'll try to help as much as I can.

Email photos, GPS and receipts to: [email protected] .

Thanks! Let's clean up our act and save recreational shooting on public lands!

Bill

Last Edited:
We're going to Tahuya State Forest! June 25th. Cleanup at shooting sites. Lunch & free prizes. Group shoot after.

Anyone care to join me for a camp out on Fri night?

NWFA Event notice:
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/tahuya-sf-stimson-creek-stewardship-day.416545/

Full details at Trash No Land site:
https://www.trashnoland.org/stimson-creek-stewardship-day/

Contact @Cogs (Bill Cogley) [email protected]
I'll put this one on the calendar, things are not going well with my father, so no promises, but I wouldn't be opposed to a little road trip, maybe some camping.

Lovely evening up Mary's Peak. Took the 30.06 hunting rifles up to sight in since I rescoped and or put a different stock on. Completely forgot to take gun pictures and target pictures. It has been about a year since I shot them. Some success, a little disappointment and the realization I really need to shoot more. Felt like a green horn shooting without a rest. If you could trace my barrel movement on an etch a sketch it would have been pretty humerous.
With a rest my childhood Remington 740, managed 4 inch groups at 100 yards. Some were close to bullseye with some flyers.
My Ruger M77 MK2 dialed in to 3 inch groups with some flyers.
Did try to watch the barrel heat on both guns.
My 2nd Remington 742 has a case sticking problem. Had the chamber polished at a gunsmith who said it cycled just fine afterwards. Still has a sticking problem. Going to post it as a project gun tomorrow. Too many other projects Bummed because it is amost perfect blueing and wood wise. I think it is the extracter but I am not a gunsmith.
Garbage wise spent about a hour picking up other peoples "stuff". Wish people would leave their car parts and Christmas decorations at home. Poly fill really makes a mess. Filled 2 and a half bags. Also picked up a lovely bluish mini van bench seat that someone left for others to enjoy.
Wife picked up a bucket of brass and took some lovely flower pictures.
20220619_180433.jpg 20220619_180458.jpg 20220619_185204.jpg IMG955786.jpg IMG955783.jpg 20220619_185158.jpg IMG955785.jpg IMG955784.jpg

Shooters and Non-shooters got together to cleanup the Stimson Creek Target Shooting site in the Tahuya State Forest!

Here's the info on the Tahuya SF cleanup event. Lots of pics!

The 'Gist' of this message, is to Do What You Can to Save Our Places To Shoot! Even if it's 2 to 6 folks enjoying a day of target shooting, be sure to do a good cleanup when done. And communicate to the new people that there are rules that we need to adhere to, otherwise we may loose another place to shoot.

Details of this cleanup are on the Trash No Land website 'Blog':
Here's Tahuya, Volunteers!!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews