JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Keep up the cleanups! Trash bags are standard gear in the range bag!

Abuse it and Lose it.jpg

Three years later, and they're at it again!

The BLM is proposing to close recreational target shooting for 2 years in the Anderson Butte area near Medford, Oregon. They are proposing to close a 50 acre area that has 11 shooting sites, (although I would NOT call them shooting sites because of the dangers they present if shooting there!).

BLM has provided an opportunity to comment on the proposal, which I did, and here is my position:

Bill Cogley
President/CEO Trash No Land
Non-Profit 501(c)3 Organization
Promoting responsible target shooting on public lands.

I am in agreement with the 2 year closure in the proposed area of the Anderson Butte, as I have seen those locations and know of the dangers involved. I am surprised at the irresponsibility of some people, although they represent a minority of the target shooting community. However, I argue for a little give-and-take.

If you are to take away recreational target shooting in this area, I urge you to provide a place where target shooting could be done safely and respectfully. Seek to find a dispersed place, or two, where public safety can be assured (no rounds leave the range), the target shooting rules can be easily adhered to and a place where there would be little to no conflicts with other recreational activity. Perhaps there is a location outside of the 50 acre closure area that could satisfy the public safety concerns yet be attractive to shooters.

I urge you to see how we have assisted the Oregon Dept of Forestry resolve these same concerns by improving dispersed target shooting locations...

Improving Shooting Sites on Public Lands: https://www.trashnoland.org/improving-shooting-sites-on.../

Agencies and Organizations Team To Solve Target Shooting Concerns: https://www.trashnoland.org/agencies-and-organizations.../

Recreational target shooting has a long history on public lands and is a supported use that integrates well with the other activities. Improved dispersed shooting locations offer solutions, features and benefits over the current situation.

The improvements propose to develop a strategy, partner and collaborate with forest agencies, and involve the target shooting community in ownership and stewardship. The end result is to:

Resolve the safety, sanitation, and environmental issues.
Reduce the fire potential associated with target shooting.
Develop public ownership and involvement in the development and implementation of the strategy.
Maintain safe and sustainable opportunities for recreational target shooting on our public lands.

Thank you for your opportunity to weigh in on this issue.

Bill Cogley
Trash No Land
https://www.trashnoland.org/

The Anderson Butte Safety Project information can be seen and commented on here: (submit your comments by 4:30 p.m. on or before January 3rd, 2022).
https://eplanning.blm.gov/eplanning-ui/project/123432/510

If you love the great outdoors, cherish access to public lands, and appreciate those who work hard to keep it clean, safe, and better for all, you'll love how Kim and Brenan, from Arlington, WA, show their appreciation! THANK YOU!!! (I love surprise checks in the mail from perfect strangers!)

Their contribution doesn't stop there, however. They often volunteer on many projects on public lands in their home area. True stewards of public lands!

I really appreciate the financial support we receive here at Trash No Land. It enables us to do so much more! And there is SO MUCH MORE we need to do!

Have fun, Be safe, and Trash No Land!

https://www.trashnoland.org/support/donate/

11-22-21 General Funds Grant Donation.jpg

~Friday fun with Trash No Land~

Itchy Finger and Biggy Brother have a message for you about target shooting on public land...

"This here's the Forest! This ain't no Sanitation Landfill! Does your momma live here? I didn't think so. Pick it up! If you abuse it, we all lose it! Have fun, Be safe, and Trash No Land! Get it? Got it. Good!"

#TrashNoLand
#StewardshipKeepsItOpen
#StewardshipSavesOurPlacesToShoot

Spent 4 hours today on Upper Neal Creek road with my wife picking up people garbage going 2.5 miles, 1 side road and a gravel pit that isnt suppose to be used for shooting. Filled the bed of the truck up before stopping. Only about 7 miles of road and the gravel pit that is starting to look like a homeless bridge underpass.
Finally got the one pile along the road that irritated me no end everytime out hunting. Sorry not a lot of before pictures Going to do it again next Friday morning if anyone wants to join.
IMG954724.jpg
IMG954733.jpg IMG_4736.jpg IMG_4739.jpg IMG954731(1).jpg IMG_4725.jpg

Oh man. :( I can imagine the frustration. Does it seem a lot of this stuff is just from dumping pigs? Doesn't look like shooters trash necessarily? Form the scenes like this in MY OWN neighborhood, it looks like homeless trash. The meat tray, milk jugs lots of plastic bags, food waste stuff, food cans. Yep, I'd only have to drive a mile or so from my house to get pics that look just like that. A couple of miles and I could get pics of entire city lot size areas that look like that. But the homeless are living within those piles.

BTW, I don't find a Neal Creek Rd down your way? I usually google up these places.

Oh man. :( I can imagine the frustration. Does it seem a lot of this stuff is just from dumping pigs? Doesn't look like shooters trash necessarily? Form the scenes like this in MY OWN neighborhood, it looks like homeless trash. The meat tray, milk jugs lots of plastic bags, food waste stuff, food cans. Yep, I'd only have to drive a mile or so from my house to get pics that look just like that. A couple of miles and I could get pics of entire city lot size areas that look like that. But the homeless are living within those piles.

BTW, I don't find a Neal Creek Rd down your way? I usually google up these places.
Check out this homeless encampment near St. John's bridge:
8294006E-D121-496B-9B35-99452390E8BE.jpeg

Check out this homeless encampment near St. John's bridge:
View attachment 1082511
Phhhtt, that's nuthin'! Driving in to pdx on the 5 and caught a glimpse. (just a glimpse, you don't ever take your eyes of the road there) of all the boats there at Ross Is across from Willamette park. Jesus. Have you been up 33rd drive North of Columbia blvd in the last two years?

Phhhtt, that's nuthin'! Driving in to pdx on the 5 and caught a glimpse. (just a glimpse, you don't ever take your eyes of the road there) of all the boats there at Ross Is across from Willamette park. Jesus. Have you been up 33rd drive North of Columbia blvd in the last two years?
Haven't been up that way fortunately but have heard it's the goto place to check if ur car gets stolen.

Saw this video of one homeless guy's mountain of crap on ne 67 and Broadway.

36B214DC-4E7A-4E87-923A-512D8B8B820F.jpeg

Dropped pin
Ha, thanks! I only checked Lane and Marion. If it were me I think I'd be digging through that stuff to see if I could find addresses/mail. Even if the law didn't want it, you never know, I might get some kind of satisfaction out of it. I has to be pretty deflating to see this going on. Week after week after week.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top