JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We're getting into that warm/hot weather again, and they're crying DRY & Fire Hazards! a bit early this year. Might be a good idea to break out your 'Lil Friend' when ever you go shooting!

HEY!! Empty your mailbox dood! Wifey's trying to send you a convo. :D

Have a nice day Bill!

Last Edited:
Opps. Meant to do that a few days ago. Might get a chance later today. Can always call, 360-713-8304.

Thanks for the reminder!
I'll ping Jane and see if she can get the message to you... @Wifey
she's got a couple of things from the store to donate to clean-ups and such water is one.

Sounds like she got through now?

Who's up for a cleanup in Mt Hood Nat Forest at Wildcat? June 26th, 2021.

We're going to spiff that place up and do what we can to make it a better place. Trash pick up, graffiti removal and pull out some potential fire hazardous logs.

Event info is on Trash No Land Upcoming Events, and also to be on the NWFA Events page as soon as it's approved.

Let me know if you can be there and/or help with the cost of graffiti removal solvent and anti-graffiti coating!

Bill

We made a slight modification to the Sportsman's event... The state Discover Pass will now be required at this event and your hours will not be applied to an annual Discover Pass. This is because DNR will not be a part of this event and will not be involved in any way. Therefore, we loose a couple benefits.

DNR has COVID rules that we must follow if we are to perform an 'Official' event with DNR. Things like preregister volunteers before the event, only 12 volunteers allowed, everyone must ware masks during the event, and if you exchange tools, you must sanitize them first with someone verifying the tool was sanitized.

Obviously, we cannot comply with these rules, so, we are not including DNR in this event. We are simply recreating in our own way, in our own forest. We will do what we want and how we want to do it (within 'normal' acceptable community recreation ediquette and ethics).

So bring your Discover Pass and hang it on your rear view mirror! If you don't have one, you can buy a 1 day pass for $11.50 or a 1 year for $35. Where to buy can be found at: https://www.discoverpass.wa.gov/133/Where-to-Buy

Otherwise, we're on! See you next Saturday, the 12th!

Bill

We made a slight modification to the Sportsman's event... The state Discover Pass will now be required at this event and your hours will not be applied to an annual Discover Pass. This is because DNR will not be a part of this event and will not be involved in any way. Therefore, we loose a couple benefits.

DNR has COVID rules that we must follow if we are to perform an 'Official' event with DNR. Things like preregister volunteers before the event, only 12 volunteers allowed, everyone must ware masks during the event, and if you exchange tools, you must sanitize them first with someone verifying the tool was sanitized.

Obviously, we cannot comply with these rules, so, we are not including DNR in this event. We are simply recreating in our own way, in our own forest. We will do what we want and how we want to do it (within 'normal' acceptable community recreation ediquette and ethics).

So bring your Discover Pass and hang it on your rear view mirror! If you don't have one, you can buy a 1 day pass for $11.50 or a 1 year for $35. Where to buy can be found at: https://www.discoverpass.wa.gov/133/Where-to-Buy

Otherwise, we're on! See you next Saturday, the 12th!

Bill
Good job washington! Great way to treat people that are willing to give their time and effort for FREE!

Did some cleaning up on Mary's Peak this afternoon. We came out of there with 5 bags of trash, a flat screen, a bucket full of glass and very little brass. Checked out a couple of areas that we haven't been in a bit. A lot of camping trash or party trash. The main pit had an outbreak of the cardboard target flu. Left those 2 areas for later. Batteries from the brass pickers headlights and their food remains seem to be the new type of trash along with the beloved masks. Going to check out Neal Creek on Saturday.
20210610_165423.jpg
20210610_171055.jpg 20210610_172038.jpg 20210610_183149.jpg 20210610_183152.jpg 20210610_184213.jpg
This last little white bag was sitting all lonely in the middle of a small grassy area. But there was a flatten tent spot close by. The must have forgot it. 20210610_183202.jpg

Did some cleaning up on Mary's Peak this afternoon. We came out of there with 5 bags of trash, a flat screen, a bucket full of glass and very little brass. Checked out a couple of areas that we haven't been in a bit. A lot of camping trash or party trash. The main pit had an outbreak of the cardboard target flu. Left those 2 areas for later. Batteries from the brass pickers headlights and their food remains seem to be the new type of trash along with the beloved masks. Going to check out Neal Creek on Saturday.
View attachment 903242
View attachment 903241View attachment 903239View attachment 903238View attachment 903237View attachment 903235
This last little white bag was sitting all lonely in the middle of a small grassy area. But there was a flatten tent spot close by. The must have forgot it. View attachment 903236
Geez, it never ends! This, and last year have been the worst!

Thanks for all your work, Craig and Tracy! You two are like trash in the woods... you never end! (That was supposed to be a compliment) :)

Should have taken a picture before cleanup yesterday, but this was the firing line in the afternoon with my son, son-in-law and the three grandsons. Hopefully someone got the pile of big stuff we left at the bottom of the spur road. I'm dropping off the rest on Monday: i.e., the trash can and plastic bags of shotgun hulls, plastic parts, cans, smaller wood chunks, etc.
Jackson Pit, 6-11-2021.jpg

Should have taken a picture before cleanup yesterday, but this was the firing line in the afternoon with my son, son-in-law and the three grandsons. Hopefully someone got the pile of big stuff we left at the bottom of the spur road. I'm dropping off the rest on Monday: i.e., the trash can and plastic bags of shotgun hulls, plastic parts, cans, smaller wood chunks, etc.
View attachment 905615
That's a good looking family right there! :D

View attachment 905615
Thanks for your help, Bob. Sorry bout calling you Dunigan! I realized that right after I said it!

I love that firing line! Tarp and all!!! It was a pleasure to meet all your men! You raised them up right!

I sent a note to the Rec Warden Don at DNR and let him know about the pile along the roadway. A crew should pick it up soon.

That's a magnet. It picks up steel casings and shotgun hulls, then squeeze the handle to release them into the bucket or bag.

Yeah, it does look like a plunger!

Harbor Freight, $10

Magnetic Release.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads