JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Cogs
... but we did know Dan and he is a member here, but I can't remember his user name...
that would be @Dr Dan 1911 who won't be online now, as he and the Mrs are expecting their son arriving today from out of state

As to open carry today, not so much with all that rain. Came home soaked but the CZ75 SP-01 Tactical I was carrying today was dry [under three layers of clothing];)

We got a kudos from one of the 4x4'ers, Crystal Crowder. She posted this on her Facebook page and included several photos and a video of me and @Dr Dan 1911 . Also included a vid of all the rocks cleaned off. I shared her post to the Trash No Land FB page and you can see it there, if you have FB.

Here's the story she wrote:

Kings of Men! 1f451.png 1f451.png 1f451.png
Bill Cogley and his crew from Trash No Land were up on the mountain today cleaning up graffiti with their handy-dandy pressure washing set up. It was pretty cool to see this set up in action...
Their tools, materials and supplies for this work were made possible by a grant donation from a very giving and generous family right here in Clark County.
In case you don't know, the Trash No Land crew are the guys who protect your access and fight tirelessly for your right to target shoot on public lands in Washington & Oregon.
They spend COUNTLESS hours cleaning, maintaining and improving shooting lanes on public lands.
When I arrived in the forest this morning, almost every single boulder in Arrowhead pit was covered in nasty graphic graffiti...
When I rolled back out of the forest at the end of the day - everything was bright and shiny again. 1f90e.png 1f5a4.png 1f90e.png
(see attached video)
Note:
The cleaning solvents used to assist in this process are environmentally safe. 1f609.png

Well it sounds like it would've been just another day at the Cleanup if ole caveman would have attended, 95% of the cleanups I attended in the spring it was raining. LOL
Good on you guys for getting out there and getting busy.

Well it sounds like it would've been just another day at the Cleanup if ole caveman would have attended, 95% of the cleanups I attended in the spring it was raining. LOL
Good on you guys for getting out there and getting busy.
Thanks Jim! Yeah, another cold and wet day for work in the forest. Like someone said today, I always pick a bad weather day when it's an event in Washington! The past few weekends have been great weather, but those projects were in Oregon. Go figure!

Went through 160 gallons. Today was different... we went through 200 gallons and should have had 250. Oh well, it's close enough for now. We got the back sides of the same rocks today. @WrenchNguns and I.

Here's a short video of yesterday's work. One last visit will get the anti-coating on the rocks. I still have the 5 gallons of coating that Miller Paint donated.

After this, I really think we should clean off the rocks at Wildcat in Mt Hood Nat Forest. I'll need some help buying the solvent (I only have 1 gallon left). We should go prepared with a 5 gallon container of solvent and 5 gallons of Anti-Graffiti coating. Total cost of that will be about $660. If you can help, see the website page "Graffiti Removal Fund" at Trash No Land.

@Cogs , it definitely seemed to work better with #1: it wasn't raining and #2: we followed the directions :D
Hopefully we continue to see positive results and maybe figure out what the right amount of solvent is needed to get the best results while using less.
Thank you for spearheading this project.

I wrapped up the graffiti project in the Yacolt Burn today. Coated the rocks with Anti-Graffiti Blok and cleaned off some tagging on the L1600.

This trip took the last of my solvent. Any further graffiti removal projects will have to be done by donations to help pay for more solvent and, if it's a commonly tagged area, more Anti-Graffiti coating. Solvent runs $330 per 5 gallons and Anti-Graffiti at $335 per 5 gallons.

Our next project is most likely going to be Wildcat, in the Mt Hood Nat Forest and we'll need 2-3 gallons solvent and same with the anti-coating.

If you can help with supply costs, please do so at: Graffiti Removal Fund, Trash No Land.

Thank you!

I wrapped up the graffiti project in the Yacolt Burn today. Coated the rocks with Anti-Graffiti Blok and cleaned off some tagging on the L1600.

This trip took the last of my solvent. Any further graffiti removal projects will have to be done by donations to help pay for more solvent and, if it's a commonly tagged area, more Anti-Graffiti coating. Solvent runs $330 per 5 gallons and Anti-Graffiti at $335 per 5 gallons.

Our next project is most likely going to be Wildcat, in the Mt Hood Nat Forest and we'll need 2-3 gallons solvent and same with the anti-coating.

If you can help with supply costs, please do so at: Graffiti Removal Fund, Trash No Land.

Thank you!

Cool setup! I wonder if a corn cob media blaster might work? Not sure how much the media costs but walnut shell media is sure effective. I've used to remove carbon deposits on direct injection engine valves (which is one carbon chain away from diamond it's so hard) and it really works! I haven't used corn cob media though. Might cost more than solvent after gas air compressor etc I don't know, just an idea...

Cool setup! I wonder if a corn cob media blaster might work? Not sure how much the media costs but walnut shell media is sure effective. I've used to remove carbon deposits on direct injection engine valves (which is one carbon chain away from diamond it's so hard) and it really works! I haven't used corn cob media though. Might cost more than solvent after gas air compressor etc I don't know, just an idea...
Interesting idea. I'll do some searching and check it out. So far, the unit looks like about $350-ish, the corn material at about $1,000 for 2,000 lbs of corn material, then you'd need a portable air compressor. Probably better than sandblasting, but cost may be a bit higher than the water pressure washer and solvent. I'll dig into it a little more. Thanks for the idea!

I'm looking for sponsors of our Graffiti Removal program. A business or two who would support our program with a $300 donation for the purchase of solvent. Perhaps another one to sponsor the Anti-Graffiti coating when needed (I'll be talking to Miller Paint Corp about that idea, but they may not sponsor each project). We could easily have a different sponsor for each project (it doesn't have to be one sponsors all).

As many of you know, I promote the businesses who donate to Trash No Land, on our website and social media, so, I'll do the same this time as well.

If your employer is interested in a little extra PR and in helping our efforts, please encourage them to contact me. You can direct them to our info page about this program at: https://www.trashnoland.org/graffiti-removal-fund/

I'd rather do it this way, (having a business sponsor the supplies), than to ask you all for donations all the time. I get tired of always asking for donations to do all the things we need or want to do!

Our next graffiti removal project will be the Wildcat shooting area in Mt Hood Nat Forest. It will also include a cleanup and group shoot. Might even include another thing or two!

My contact email: [email protected]
Phone: 360-713-8304

Thanks,
Bill Cogley
Pres/CEO Trash No Land.

We're getting into that warm/hot weather again, and they're crying DRY & Fire Hazards! a bit early this year. Might be a good idea to break out your 'Lil Friend' when ever you go shooting!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top