JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In this new year, resolve to be a part of a grass roots movement to save, improve and preserve the recreational shooting sports on public land.

Join "Public Land Target Shooters" and begin a good work in a forest near you!

https://forum.trashnoland.org/

View attachment 800486
I registered and never got an email. Tried to log in with an error. Password recovery page does not work

Check you're Spam folder. A confirmation email gets sent to you and you'll need to click the link to confirm. Then you're good to log in.

I've had a few now that had the same problem but found the email in Spam.

Either that or might have an error in you're address, which means you'd need to register again.

Thanks for letting me know.
Bill

A big THANK YOU goes out to HatPoint Target for a nice contribution to Trash No Land! A couple of these target stands will be available as free prizes to volunteers who attend our cleanup events and other stands will be available to new members who sign up for the 'Knight' membership level.

I had a nice visit with John Schwend, owner of HatPoint Target Company, who expressed his concern and appreciation for responsible shooting on public lands. His business has really grown in the past year and now his stand is available in stores like Sportsman's Warehouse, Sporting Systems, Bi-Mart Membership Discount Stores and more. Good work, John!

We like the HatPoint Target stand, as it is a very important part of recreational shooting on public lands because it is a durable reusable stand that you won't leave behind at the shooting site (like the trashy looking splintered plywood, busted up pallets, 2x4 frames and crazy contraptions you typically see at shooting places throughout the forests of the Northwest). If shooters have a vested interest in their target stand, they won't leave it behind "for the next guy" (everyone is responsible for bringing their own target stands and targets).

Again, Thank you HatPoint Target Company! We all appreciate your support!

https://hatpointtarget.com/

View attachment 801256

Bought a hatpoint stand today and already used it. Great stand.

New Website, New Features!

Some new additions include (besides the whole new look):

An interactive target shooting map with popular shooting sites on public lands around Oregon and Washington. You cannot find a public lands shooting site map like this! From the 'Home' page, click on the shooter icon in the map to see information and photos about the site. More locations, photos and info to be added as we learn about them. I encourage you to send me a map link of commonly known shooting places near you (not to be your secret spot, but more like the well known popular places where more stewardship is needed). Especially send me the bad and illegal places to shoot! This is how we can educate people as to how to select a safe place to shoot. If we encourage people to go see the map, they'll browse around the site and learn a few things (hopefully)! If we point out the bad spots, where people are currently shooting, (but should not because of public or fire safety hazards), then they will start to learn what a good shooting site looks like and what looks bad or illegal. So help us build a really cool and useful map! Thank you!

A new credit card processing service! No more PayPal! This service is NOT any of the common 'Social Media' services. It is a solid Merchant Services credit card processing that many businesses use, across the US (yes, even gun stores use this same service).

A new Blog! We are now hosting our 'Blog' on our own website (previously hosted on BlogSpot .com).

A new Events Calendar! This feature make our events stand out and easy to share. Events to be added soon.

Multiple Fundraisers pages! We have several projects in the forest that need your support. Drop down the 'Support' tab and expand the 'Fundraisers' tab to view the projects. More details about each project will be added soon.

The website is full of important information that shooters need to know when shooting on public lands (especially the 'Shooting Regs' page!). Enjoy!

Post a comment on what you like about the newly rebuilt website!

TNL Screenshot Home pg.jpg
https://www.trashnoland.org

Last Edited:
New Website, New Features!

Some new additions include (besides the whole new look):

An interactive target shooting map with popular shooting sites on public lands around Oregon and Washington. You cannot find a public lands shooting site map like this! From the 'Home' page, click on the shooter icon in the map to see information and photos about the site. More locations, photos and info to be added as we learn about them. I encourage you to send me a map link of commonly known shooting places near you (not to be your secret spot, but more like the well known popular places where more stewardship is needed). Especially send me the bad and illegal places to shoot! This is how we can educate people as to how to select a safe place to shoot. If we encourage people to go see the map, they'll browse around the site and learn a few things (hopefully)! If we point out the bad spots, where people are currently shooting, (but should not because of public or fire safety hazards), then they will start to learn what a good shooting site looks like and what looks bad or illegal. So help us build a really cool and useful map! Thank you!

A new credit card processing service! No more PayPal! This service is NOT any of the common 'Social Media' services. It is a solid Merchant Services credit card processing that many businesses use, across the US (yes, even gun stores use this same service).

A new Blog! We are now hosting our 'Blog' on our own website (previously hosted on BlogSpot .com).

A new Events Calendar! This feature make our events stand out and easy to share. Events to be added soon.

Multiple Fundraisers pages! We have several projects in the forest that need your support. Drop down the 'Support' tab and expand the 'Fundraisers' tab to view the projects. More details about each project will be added soon.

The website is full of important information that shooters need to know when shooting on public lands (especially the 'Shooting Regs' page!). Enjoy!

Post a comment on what you like about the newly rebuilt website!

I like the staff page. That's a good looking crew.:D

I gotta give a shout out to my web host!

This website rebuilt was done by
Search Commander, Inc.

Scott Hendison set it up, transferred all the files from the old site and worked with me to bring me up to speed on editing. This has been a HUGE learning curve for me, but I'm getting it!

I have used Scott's web hosting service since 1999, for 4 different websites and have had excellent service all that time (geez, that's 22 years!). I like that he is local, (Portland area), and that he responds promptly and positively (even though it doesn't matter where his home base is).

This is the first website I've asked him to build and he did a real nice job! (I built the last 3, the old school way, and they have never looked, nor functioned, like this new one!

So thank you once again, Scott! Nice work!

If you need hosting or a website built, Scott be your man!

Side note: @Reno , remember when we were talking of doing something to the site to make it more modern? I have a feeling this is what you had envisioned! (But danged if I knew how to do it!)

I made a couple improvements to the Shooting Map on the Trash No Land Home Page. I noticed that you don't get the GPS coordinates when you click on the flagged area. I also wanted to change the icons for certain locations. So here's what I did...

The coordinates are now in the description when you click on the icon (the first batch of numbers you see at the top). It's not a link, so, you'll have to copy those first numbers and paste them into Google Maps. Then you can get directions to the site.

I figured out how to change the icon for certain locations. Now, the Green Shooter icon are places that are good to shoot. The Yellow Shooter icon is a place that can be fine IF you use caution (like it might have a low backstop or perhaps too many stumps that could catch fire). The Red 'i' icon is for information. Those are NO SHOOTING places. You'll see why in the description of each place. Every forest has those bad places but people still shoot there. It's like they don't have a clue that it's a bad place to shoot! Someone needs to tell them!

I think it's important to show the illegal places, along with the legal ones. As people view the map and click the 'i' ones, they'll start learning why it's a bad place, and the result may be that more people will know what to look for in a good shooting site.

I also added 3 new locations around Central Washington that are on Wildlife areas owned by WDFW. These three are still 'dispersed' shooting sites but two of them have some nice improvements by WDFW. No fees, no amenities, no safety officers. Just like any other place to shoot, but with improvements. The third place, Swakane Canyon, will receive a major improvement within the coming year.

So let me know of other places we should put on the shooting map. Good or bad places, all are welcome!

Thanks,
Bill

I made a couple improvements to the Shooting Map on the Trash No Land Home Page. I noticed that you don't get the GPS coordinates when you click on the flagged area. I also wanted to change the icons for certain locations. So here's what I did...

The coordinates are now in the description when you click on the icon (the first batch of numbers you see at the top). It's not a link, so, you'll have to copy those first numbers and paste them into Google Maps. Then you can get directions to the site.

I figured out how to change the icon for certain locations. Now, the Green Shooter icon are places that are good to shoot. The Yellow Shooter icon is a place that can be fine IF you use caution (like it might have a low backstop or perhaps too many stumps that could catch fire). The Red 'i' icon is for information. Those are NO SHOOTING places. You'll see why in the description of each place. Every forest has those bad places but people still shoot there. It's like they don't have a clue that it's a bad place to shoot! Someone needs to tell them!

I think it's important to show the illegal places, along with the legal ones. As people view the map and click the 'i' ones, they'll start learning why it's a bad place, and the result may be that more people will know what to look for in a good shooting site.

I also added 3 new locations around Central Washington that are on Wildlife areas owned by WDFW. These three are still 'dispersed' shooting sites but two of them have some nice improvements by WDFW. No fees, no amenities, no safety officers. Just like any other place to shoot, but with improvements. The third place, Swakane Canyon, will receive a major improvement within the coming year.

So let me know of other places we should put on the shooting map. Good or bad places, all are welcome!

Thanks,
Bill
dude! your awesome! been looking for info like this for YEARS!!! thanks for updating the with the info ill go through and read them. thanks for your time and effort as well. much appreciated!
i had a buddy who had a shooting range right off the side of his house and after a trip of two i google mapped it to see what was out there, i pretty clearly saw a house/property 3-400yrds in back. o_O i brought it up to him the next day at work and he got kinda pissed off and said not to worry about it that he checked it out as well and that i shouldn't worry.
i pulled up the map again and double checked, there's was no mistaking it.. the shooting lane was clearly visible. and there was clearly a house/property right behind it. i was pretty pissed.
im THRILLED to NOT shoot at a place if it involves shooting at someones home. i was pretty f'ing pissed. happily we aren't friends anymore after that.

anyway keep up the good works Cogs, im happy to drive a long ways as long as the spots safe.:D

dude! your awesome! been looking for info like this for YEARS!!! thanks for updating the with the info ill go through and read them. thanks for your time and effort as well. much appreciated!
i had a buddy who had a shooting range right off the side of his house and after a trip of two i google mapped it to see what was out there, i pretty clearly saw a house/property 3-400yrds in back. o_O i brought it up to him the next day at work and he got kinda pissed off and said not to worry about it that he checked it out as well and that i shouldn't worry.
i pulled up the map again and double checked, there's was no mistaking it.. the shooting lane was clearly visible. and there was clearly a house/property right behind it. i was pretty pissed.
im THRILLED to NOT shoot at a place if it involves shooting at someones home. i was pretty f'ing pissed. happily we aren't friends anymore after that.

anyway keep up the good works Cogs, im happy to drive a long ways as long as the spots safe.:D
Thanks, Doc! I put in a lot of hours towards trying to make a difference in target shooting on public lands. I think it's getting somewhere! Someday I might get paid (at least with the satisfaction that I might have done some good). For now, I'm like anyone else who wants to see our sport in a good light! So I keep preachin!

10,000 Brochures heading to stores around the NW!

I delivered the batch to Bi-Mart Corporate Office in Eugene, OR yesterday. They should be on the shelves of the sporting goods department sometime the week of March 15th. (Not all 79 stores will have them, but at least 50 will for now).

3-6-21 Brochure Delivery.jpg

The brochure contains important information about responsible target shooting on public lands. It offers a common-sense set of rules that are found in most all State and National Forests throughout the Northwest and beyond. It stresses the importance of public safety, fire prevention, stewardship and ethics. It also offers tips for improving and enhancing your recreational shooting experience.

I suspect we will need to resupply the Bi-Mart stores soon because the subject is of popular interest. Public land target practice is a viable and sustainable activity that has been rapidly growing in the last decade. At the same time, information about the subject is not so readily available. The Trash No Land organization fills that information void by providing a one-stop information center for everything you need to know about recreational target shooting on public lands. With the help of public funding, we will continue to make a positive difference in the great outdoors.

1 2021 Front.jpg

Would you like to put some shooting spots in NE OR on the map to make it less "Westsider" centric? I have incentive since the local gun club leadership is being a bunch of butts. There were a few years ago, and if I can find them again, I will give you a report.

Would you like to put some shooting spots in NE OR on the map to make it less "Westsider" centric? I have incentive since the local gun club leadership is being a bunch of butts. There were a few years ago, and if I can find them again, I will give you a report.
Roger that! I added a couple to Central Washington, but I'm not familiar with any in NE Oregon yet. You can send any links to [email protected] . Pics would help too, but if not, I typically will use a screenshot from Google Earth or onXmaps. Sometimes Google maps as a pic someone has posted.

Thanks!

Roger that! I added a couple to Central Washington, but I'm not familiar with any in NE Oregon yet. You can send any links to [email protected] . Pics would help too, but if not, I typically will use a screenshot from Google Earth or onXmaps. Sometimes Google maps as a pic someone has posted.

Thanks!

I was just at Google maps looking for a place I used to shoot when I lived in the town of Union.... no joy. Will keep you posted on what I find... it may be awhile due to winter travel/snow.

BROCHURES SPOTTED IN BEAVERTON BI-MART!

@Cosimel reported that he saw our Trash No Land brochures prominently displayed at the Beaverton Bi-Mart! Cool!

I also sent them an additional 6,600 brochures to finish covering all 83 Bi-Mart stores throughout Oregon, Washington and Idaho.

Tell us when you see them in your store!

Last Edited:
BROCHURES SPOTTED IN BEAVERTON BI-MART!

@Cosimel reported that he saw our Trash No Land brochures prominently displayed at the Beaverton Bi-Mart! Cool!

I also sent them an additional 6,600 brochures to finish covering all 83 Bi-Mart stores throughout Oregon, Washington and Idaho.

Tell us when you see them in your store!
6,600! Not 16,600. I edited that.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top