JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What do you feel the annual Inflation rate has been for the past 24 months?

• Between 1% and 3%

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Between 4% and 6%

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Between 7% and 9%

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Between 10% and 12%

Votes: 26 44.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
251198_318562468251498_676757268_n.jpg

251198_318562468251498_676757268_n.jpg

don't forget housing- they remove mortgage costs from the CPI and only report rental costs. People tend to rent temporarily until they get in a good enough situation to buy and live somewhere that they like better...how many of you paid LESS for housing once you became a first time homeowner?

So they've removed food, energy and mortgages from the calculation....what are we left to measure? blue-ray players and gym memberships? so glad my gym membership hasn't gone up in the last 4 years....probably because they know I'd drop them like they were on fire if they raised their prices by even $1

My electricity bill was $337.00 this month. The highest I've ever seen and the temperature is moderate. No, inflation for real items such as gas, energy, food is just a myth!

I had downloaded the copies of order forms from the LDS Bishop's Storehouses for the past couple of years.

Just a basic side by side comparison of their major items. As you can see there has been a 10% over-all increase in the cost of goods from the storehouse. This is in direct opposition to the administration that there is very low or marginal inflation. I read an article the other day that said this year social security recipients would receive the smallest increase since 1975. NOW that is scary.

Just thought I would share this information with you.

Item
Black Beans
Pinto Beans
White Beans
Nonfat Dry Milk
White Rice
Sugar
Hard Red Wheat
White Wheat
Apple Slices
Carrots
Macaroni
Quick Oats
Regular Oats
Dry Onions
Potato Flakes
Spaghetti
Refried Beans
Cocoa Mix - Hot
White Flour
Fruit Drink Mix
Totals
% difference
approx 7.6%
approx 10.2%

And this from a group that isn't looking to make massive profits.

Sodbuster

To discover our personal annual inflation, I spent some time going over our real day to day cost of living: food, gas, electricity, dining out, ammo, etc. I added our total spending for the last month and compared it to the previous September 19 to October 19.

In this way it automatically adjusted for smaller packaging (we have to buy more to get the same quantity). This took some doing because, for example, we buy a lot less steak and more beans, but it was doable.

Our personal inflation rate for the last 12 months was 23.8%.

To discover our personal annual inflation, I spent some time going over our real day to day cost of living: food, gas, electricity, dining out, ammo, etc. I added our total spending for the last month and compared it to the previous September 19 to October 19.

In this way it automatically adjusted for smaller packaging (we have to buy more to get the same quantity). This took some doing because, for example, we buy a lot less steak and more beans, but it was doable.

Our personal inflation rate for the last 12 months was 23.8%.

Know that is a rate I can believe, it is also about what I was guessing mine was somewhere between 21% & 25%

Thanks for sharing

<broken link removed>

There is some good info in there for sure....but if you consider that it is over 10 years...and most items are listed around 40% inflation over 10 years...that suggests somewhere around 3-4% annual inflation. That is closer to what the government suggests...but even so it is still higher than they claim.

Either way, I feel there has been a sharp increase in the last 24 months or so...maybe it's just because I am paying more attention?

There is some good info in there for sure....but if you consider that it is over 10 years...and most items are listed around 40% inflation over 10 years...that suggests somewhere around 3-4% annual inflation. That is closer to what the government suggests...but even so it is still higher than they claim.

Either way, I feel there has been a sharp increase in the last 24 months or so...maybe it's just because I am paying more attention?

I'm definitely seeing rampant inflation in purchases from Costco or various grocery stores. In many situations you are getting less for the same amount of money.

Peter

Hyperinflation or super-inflation will be turned loose fairly quickly at some point. Blamed on some false premise such as a false flag or the war hawks and financial elite pushing us into Iran/WWIII for profit/protection of the dollar ponzi.

The forewarning that the collapse/hyperinflation is near will be understated comments in the banker mainstream media.

When their media starts making comments about financial derivatives or pending inflation that is the clue that the bankers are done with us as a tool and are ready to pull the plug.

The time of the collapse is not something the government controls. It is controlled by the foreign bankers that control the US money supply via the privately owned banking cartel aka the Fed.

There will be warnings, directly prior to the dollar collapse. One has to be listening and alert to catch them however.

The way to protect yourself from skyrocketing inflation is simple. Have THINGS vs little worthless slips of paper and/or digits in an account. Only keep as much money in the bank as you need for month to month bill paying, etc. NO savings, NO IRA. All of that will go POOF.

By THINGS, I mean real items - that could be gold/silver, ammo, a shovel, anything with intrinsic value. Fiat dollars have NO intrinsic value and are backed by nothing. Amazingly, because of the banker media and government education, most Americans do not know that fact.

Right now our military is busy infiltrating and bombing countries trying to move away from the dollar for trade. They will eventually fail, and the Petro Dollar will be no more.

I have a dilemma. I made a dumb mistake about 7 years ago and bought a "variable life policy". I know I should have just bought term life....but oh well...what's done is done.

Anyways....with the climb of the stock markets over the last few months, my cash value is up over $13,000....but I am still in the surrender penalty period (I won't bore you with how stupid I was in signing a contract with an 10 year commitment). So, basically it will cost me around $2,700 in penalty charges to cash out my policy, plus a 10% tax penalty equating to a 30% total loss if I cash out the policy early.

I know what you are thinking..."better to lost 30% than to lose 90% or more" and I totally agree.

Here is my dilemma...I don't have an immediate use for the cashflow. We have no debt other than home mortgage (and $9,000 net proceeds won't really put a dent in that).

We have no major home upgrades that need to be done. We are pretty much covered in a "beans bullets and bandaids" kind of situation (I mean....there is a limit to how much you can inconspicuously store....and we've pretty much reached it).

I would gladly take the 30% hit if I had a potential money making, or break even place to put the net proceeds....but I honestly don't have any great ideas.

I still have 3 years left in my penalty period. Should I cash it out or not?

(also, it leaves my family with not enough life insurance in the event that I die and things like life insurance still matter)

Miss J, I'd pull it out, pay for the consequences, and buy silver in pre 1965 coins (from several different coin shops). Buy a term policy of course to keep your family covered, and make darn sure you have adequate beans, band aids and bullets, plus seeds and hand farming tools. Make sure you have appropriate water filtering and storage. My 2 cents.

MISS J,

It is hard to tell someone to else to cash it in or not to cash it in, when we never know for sure, for sure what tomorrow will bring.

I recently went to a work sponsored 2 day seminar on planning for retirement and that is one of the things the guy covered, it was actually worth the time.

As everyone here knows I am serious prepper, but there is a part of me that says "if I am wrong and it does not collapse, I do not want to be a walamrt greeter when I am 77"

I say you need to really check it out, look at it from many perspectives, get many opinions (like you are doing here) and the final decision will be between you and your husband, as to what the best decision is for your household.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top