JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So an Add popped up on the side of my NWFA for something called "Ashley Madison". It's a "Extramarital Dating and Discreet encounters" site.

REALLY???? REALLY???? It's bad enough this stuff actually exists, little lone on a firearms website where folks tend to be on the conservative side.

I personally don't want to see adds like this EVER!!!!! Who do I complain to!

That's horrible!!! I once saw an ad for GUNS on the side of my screen!
Ok, seriously, I don't agree with that site or what they do. Some ads pop up on someones computer and the admin of the website has very little control over what does pop up. I spend more time on this website than I do with my own wife and I've never seen the ad you're talking about.
There's a good chance that that particular ad popped up on your computer because of a "cookie". I obsess on gun sites. I can go to cutelittlekittens.com and an ad for AR15's will pop up. Advertisers know I like guns so just about every website I go to has advertisements for guns and survival junk. I'd bet the only reason that Ashley Madison ad popped up is because someone who also uses your computer, say like your wife or girlfriend, has visited that site or similar sites. Don't worry about it.

NorthwestFirearms.com was founded with three goals in mind, which comprise our mission statement:

Provide a family friendly online community for firearm enthusiasts of the Northwest to meet other enthusiasts, discuss various topics, share news, buy, sell, & trade, organize events, and much more.

I think Ashley Madison is a helluva site, and quite smart: providing a product people traditionally go after, but have not paid for in the past.

Chee-to: What can be more family friendly than having and gaining multiple families?

The advertising banners likely controlled by Google or another ad service. If Google, I know one can tell Google to not show specific sites/banners, but you have to do it on a site-by-site basis.

Peter

Unless you're a gigolo, you always pay for it.

PS - I'm amazed this is really a thread, I thought I left all the blue law lovers, and morality proselytizers back in MA.

I am not trying to convert a single soul over to my moral beliefs. My moral compass has a steady direction, it always points south and I advise others not to follow me. I do agree you pay for it one way or the other, but what I am saying is if you HAVE to pay for it with straight up cash, then you probably don't need it. With that site you pay the site and then you wind up paying your date through the "sugar daddy" concept. If you have to pay a middle man then you don't need to do it is what I was getting at.

I am not trying to convert a single soul over to my moral beliefs. My moral compass has a steady direction, it always points south and I advise others not to follow me. I do agree you pay for it one way or the other, but what I am saying is if you HAVE to pay for it with straight up cash, then you probably don't need it. With that site you pay the site and then you wind up paying your date through the "sugar daddy" concept. If you have to pay a middle man then you don't need to do it is what I was getting at.

I can dig it. BTW, just to be clear, my PS comment wasn't directed at you, but at the general thread.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top