JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In light of all the civil emergencies facing our great land, I present an infantryman's check list for any eventuality. Tailored by and for yours truly...

By USMC-03, Gentlemen-Scholar

M1 Garand with 2 dozen clips of ammo; check
M1911 with five loaded magazines; check
Poncho and poncho liner; check
4 liters of water; check
Cell phone charger; check
3 pair extra socks; check
Leatherman; check
550 cord; check
Chow; check

In light of all the civil emergencies facing our great land, I present an infantryman's check list for any eventuality. Tailored by and for yours truly...

By USMC-03, Gentlemen-Scholar

M1 Garand with 2 dozen clips of ammo; check
M1911 with five loaded magazines; check
Poncho and poncho liner; check
4 liters of water; check
Cell phone charger; check
3 pair extra socks; check
Leatherman; check
550 cord; check
Chow; check

Add an IFAK and BFK then I'm with you brother! In my case, I would also specify a Leatherman Wave.

Dude, I know that in the Corps the SOP is 4-days for a pair of undershorts (inside-out, rotate 180*, repeat ;)), but three extra pair of shorts, some TP & wet-wipes don't weigh "anything" or take much more space... half dozen "energy (or granola) bars" would be good too, to take the "edge" off while foraging.

Pretty decent list, though.

No fires (light and odor discipline), that's what the poncho and liner are for! :D

Shelter, water, fire, food (and defense). Or some manner to provide or acquire that. I am not a former anything. Not an operator. Not even a very good hunter.

But always have a day pack with the essentials. I've learned the hard way while hunting not to leave the pack in the truck. Even one mile hikes can turn into 20 mile treks, just ask the 140+ people who had to cross country out of the falls due to the gorge fire...

639B8976-CA19-451B-AB8C-84DC41426AD4.jpeg

Water - check
Food (FD meal pouches) - check
Shelter (Ecotat poncho/bivy) - check
Security (pistol, rifle and multiple knives) - check
Transport (AWD car or 4x4, hiking boots/socks and GHB with hydration bladder) - check
FAK - check
Comms (2M/70cm TX and cell phone with battery extender/charger always on it) - check
Long lasting flashlight (OLight SR Baton with hat clip) - check
Hat - check
Gloves - check
Goggles - check
P90 Filter mask - check
Cash and credit cards - check

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show