JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was at the gun show at the expo center this weekend with my brother, we were commenting on the lack of veprs. At one of the last tables there was a Vepr in 7.63x39, we admired it and my brother noted their scarcity locally and that he was looking for one in 54r. The dealer said, so are lots of people, too bad they don't make one in that caliber... I mentioned, in fact they do, slant cut and square back receivers. He said oh well good luck finding one, I guess for some people it's like the Internet was never invented, I know three sites selling them right now for very reasonable prices. It seems I can hardly leave a gun shop without hearing some falsehood, working in a gun shop must imbue you with the power to believe everything you make up.

...there's a bunch of manufacturers that claim certain guns/models of theirs are "self lubricating" due to the coating they use.
I have a few guns that I have refinished in the "self-lubricating" coatings and I still lube my guns. It makes them run that much better!

if it needs to be fitted then its not interchangeable.
I suppose that with enough fitting, anything is interchangeable.

went to dicks a month ago

"If you hunt with an AR your either stupid or lying" Salesman's words when I asked where the ARs went?

Also when I was there he sold a guy a 22 WMR gun & then sold him 22LR. the guy went out shooting & something bad happened, he came back & was pissed & yelling at the store clerk because his rifle dropped all the ammo out when he was cycling it or something."

I Hate that store. worst salesman ever

Lemme guess, the WS store with that gas bag they hired when GI Joe's in Beaverton closed? Awful!

Ever been the The Gun Room? You want to see inexperienced sales people...talk to Warren! He is the King!

Nooooo, he knows it all, just ask him!!
Especially about Glocks!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

i was at mazamas a while back just browsing when i overheard a salesman taking to a guy and girl who ere looking for a gun for her,

"no you dont want a 45 or 9mm your to small and they have a lot of power"( she looked to be about 115# and about 5'7") you need something that will fit you beter like a ruger 380",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, *sigh* bit my toung and left

i was at mazamas a while back just browsing when i overheard a salesman taking to a guy and girl who ere looking for a gun for her,

"no you dont want a 45 or 9mm your to small and they have a lot of power"( she looked to be about 115# and about 5'7") you need something that will fit you beter like a ruger 380",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, *sigh* bit my toung and left

I admit i have small hands and am only 5'5" but i can control my 45 compact no problem.

Nooooo, he knows it all, just ask him!!
Especially about Glocks!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

After reading the plethora of negative reviews on Google about that shop, I really, really, really need to go in there to troll them hard. There is nothing quite like trolling in real life! Perhaps I'll walk in there with a Glock hat and a Barack Obama shirt, or maybe something with a pentagram on it.

I hate it when someone tells me they were SF. Just kills the entire conversation. Even if you really were SF, there's just no way in hell I'm going to believe you, and now there's no way in hell I can take you seriously and pretty much just want to get away from your BS jaw-flapping.

Don't tell people you were SF. Even if you've really convinced yourself you were.

I hate it when someone tells me they were SF. Just kills the entire conversation. Even if you really were SF, there's just no way in hell I'm going to believe you, and now there's no way in hell I can take you seriously and pretty much just want to get away from your BS jaw-flapping.

Don't tell people you were SF. Even if you've really convinced yourself you were.

Security Forces? :rolleyes:

Crappy salesmen aside, have you noticed how much Dicks has been advertising on television lately? I believe that the duplicitous traitors are hurting!

Crappy salesmen aside, have you noticed how much Dicks has been advertising on television lately? I believe that the duplicitous traitors are hurting!

I don't know if they are hurting, it's the season (past 3monthes) for sports (football, soccer, etc). Today their stock traded at $51.79 per share, up .37 cents today. I don't think many gun owners ever bought a lot from them in the way of firearms anyhow. I never would even have thought to buy a modern sporting rifle from them years ago before they pulled them, nor did I buy anything firearm related, ammo maybe when I went in there for something for my daughter or me for that matter. By no means am i saying dicks sporting goods is right or wrong for not selling AR's, I actually don't care. I don't like or support unions but I still own carhartt jeans, I drink Pepsi, and I drive a vehicle built by UAW auto workers. We curse dicks, but that's their option to sell or not to sell, just like it's our opinion to use/buy or whatever we want. They felt it was the right thing for them to do as a company. Walmart did too if you read the news, it was not published as much as dicks was. Did they make some of us mad, yes, did I roll my eyes at it, yes. They are not a gun shop, they don't care to be I guess is my thought, and I don't think of them as a gun shop. I never found an educated employee on firearms there or at Wally World, sports authority or any big box store for that matter. Fishermans has the biggest bunch of wanna be experts on the planet. Most of the gun shops in the area are book smart, but can't actually speak on a firearms for they never fired it. Buying a gun in this area (portland) is extremely hard for me. I can't test fire it, so I am buying blindly. A&P arms back east in va beach rented ever firearms they sold so you can test fire it, you knew the weight, the feel, the recoil, etc. speaking to the shop employees there, they could narrow me down to what I wanted every time. I wish there was a shop with an indoor range that did the same, they really spoiled me. Most will say they don't support the 2nd, or caving to the Feinstein movement, and maybe they are, or maybe they want to cater to the traditional hunter, because that's all they sell now with the exception of the hd shotgun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top