JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agreed. I am happy to belong to our Morton Gun Club. Great people and an indoor range that I actually like! Win-win all the way around for me and wifey.

One tip when shooting indoors is to breathe through your mouth. Sounds silly but it helps with the pressure changes.

One random side affect from my ventures of indoor shooting is that I flinch less spotting for long distant shooting thanks to it.

I also consider it a plus to be able to shoot tight groups while some lead burner is in the lane next to me.

Other than that, it is what it is, overpriced range time.

I only really put up with BC Indoor range once in a while. IE it's pissing rain, and I really really want to get some range time in and I really don't want to pack up the pop up on top of everything else to head out to the woods.

Usually I just grab the dueling tree and hit up a spot in the woods for a few hundred and call it a day.

I'm also in North Plains so I guess that's a plus compared to Mike being in the city. You'd bet your bum I would be shooting less and more indoors if I lived in Portland.

Any shooting practice is going to be helpful no matter if it's in doors or out side! I see benfits to both, And am used to shooting both! I never really had trouble with the indoor ranges, and I found I was able to "tune" out the other shooters, even the guy next lane with w .44 mag shooting high flash and big bang, that allowed me to focus! Out side is also really helpful for the same reasons! I can concentrate with some guy shooting a .50 BMG next to me, and I can still focus on what I need to be doing! Taking the flinch out of your practice and honing in on your situational awareness is literally a life saver!

Honestly, I've NEVER been to an indoor range. Heck, I live 3 miles from one and never visited. Even with my POS truck, gas to Mt Hood or Tillamook is less than the price of admission.
Should that change, however....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top