JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Love that foam stuff. Out of all my planes ,my carbon yak is my favorite.
IMG_4094.JPG

Skip ahead to 2:37 or so if you want to skip all the talking and get straight to the flying.

Cool, but I thought the A-10 was called the Warthog.

It's the plane that was built around a gun.

Skip ahead to 2:37 or so if you want to skip all the talking and get straight to the flying.

Cool, but I thought the A-10 was called the Warthog.

It's the plane that was built around a gun.
More like a gun with wings, engine and cockpit grafted on. :)

Warthog is the crew nickname, just like every jet Republic ever built was called "-hog" in one form or another, starting with the F-84 being "Groundhog" for its tendency to need a LOOOOOOONG takeoff roll.

R/C flying has sure taken a big turn for the better. I have a small collection of kit hacked foamie Jets that I built in true scale. I also have an 86 in wingspan A-10 electric ( EDF) with all the cool scale add on's that make it super fun to fly and look good just sitting! My F-4E Phantom has won every scale jet comp in my state in its class and is a stand out every where I fly it. From WW-2 scale warbirds ( WAY to many to List) to modern scale jets, this hobby has a little something for every one!

Didn't know I could zoom, just saw the military plane in the background. Being a pilot, wouldn't think a military/Air Force base would allow low flying sporadic rc planes. Back at my old airport we would shut the whole place down for a fun fly and big scale stuff. Either way mad skills

On the one hand, part of me says there's no point if you can't strap into it... on the other hand, even if I had the cash there ain't no way I'll ever be able to buy an A-6 or a B-52 so I guess R/C will have to do on those.

Used to know of a guy who was building a 60%-size, two-seater Homebuilt Hawg... fell off the edge of the Internet a decade or so ago.
http://web.archive.org/web/20050307135705/http://www.a10productions.com/
Last update was March 2005, and the site went poof sometime within the next six months. Pity... can you imagine the impression it'd make on the GF flying into town behind a set of 23rd TFW shark's teeth? :D

You can buy a Aero L-39 for what some of these guys spend on the large scaled turbine RC's stuff, and strap yourself in for the ride of your life.
On the one hand, part of me says there's no point if you can't strap into it... on the other hand, even if I had the cash there ain't no way I'll ever be able to buy an A-6 or a B-52 so I guess R/C will have to do on those.

Used to know of a guy who was building a 60%-size, two-seater Homebuilt Hawg... fell off the edge of the Internet a decade or so ago.
http://web.archive.org/web/20050307135705/http://www.a10productions.com/
Last update was March 2005, and the site went poof sometime within the next six months. Pity... can you imagine the impression it'd make on the GF flying into town behind a set of 23rd TFW shark's teeth? :D

Our field is about 2 miles "Outside the wire" and it's mainly Reserve/ Nat.guard refuel squadrons , so there isn't very much flying out of there. They do post a flight closure on us for a few hours now and then. I really love this field, nice brand new runway for us Jet guys and every one else. 300 feet long and 20 feet wide, and about the smoothest pave I have ever seen!!!
Diamondback, you should look at getting a ride with the Collins Foundation, they have a few planes you can go up in and it's a hoot! Having ridden in a few jets when I won Airman of the Year, I can tell ya, nothing comes close! I have ridden back seat in an F-15E, F-16 and F-4S!!! The F-4 was the best, but I like Old School:)

I hear ya, I've flown a ton of planes , and my old girl never gets old. Nothing like a 1400hp radial . I would attach the video but can't figure out how. IMG_0950.PNG
Our field is about 2 miles "Outside the wire" and it's mainly Reserve/ Nat.guard refuel squadrons , so there isn't very much flying out of there. They do post a flight closure on us for a few hours now and then. I really love this field, nice brand new runway for us Jet guys and every one else. 300 feet long and 20 feet wide, and about the smoothest pave I have ever seen!!!
Diamondback, you should look at getting a ride with the Collins Foundation, they have a few planes you can go up in and it's a hoot! Having ridden in a few jets when I won Airman of the Year, I can tell ya, nothing comes close! I have ridden back seat in an F-15E, F-16 and F-4S!!! The F-4 was the best, but I like Old School:)

Sorry, I'm from the Phantom Driver's Mortal Enemies... read Flight of the Intruder in high school and wanted to be Jake Grafton. :) (We'll just pay no nevermind to the factors of half blind, half crazy and having a violent reaction to rectal probing of "Don't even THINK about trying to put anything up my arse that you don't want me to tear off, beat you senseless with and then feed to you"... yeah, the FAA's insistence on literally crawling up your butt is going to be one of the big barriers for my Medical.)

I have logged seat-time in a parked BUFF, albeit one that'll never fly again... at the 50th Birthday party, got lucky and the local museum opened up theirs and I got a tour from a couple new buddies with the B-52 Association who were retired bird-colonels. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top