JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A lot of places that were on lock down have decided to start to open now that Joe won. Works out good for us. Next month Wife and I are going to celebrate 27 years of her putting up with me:D and go stay in a nice Hotel for a couple days on the ocean. :)
Since we were both considered "essential" we have been working hard during this. So now we can help support a few places that were at the brink of going under :)

Thankfully, I live on the border of Idaho, so girlfriend and I have been able to go enjoy a meal out all along. I know a few of the restaurants on the WA side have closed down for good, which was sad.

Restaurants that are "Allowed" to open will need to...
- turn the lights on
- re-start insurance other than fire/theft
-recall staff (may not want to come back from enhanced unemployment )
-restock
-fire up their stoves, ovens, deep fryer, water heaters, turn heat up

all for operating at just 25% of their capacity.... ?
It could probably cost them more than staying closed.

(unless they can charge "The French Laundry" prices and get politicians to eat there)

Thankfully, I live on the border of Idaho, so girlfriend and I have been able to go enjoy a meal out all along. I know a few of the restaurants on the WA side have closed down for good, which was sad.
My little brother moved to Post Falls and bought a home when 1639 passed. He works in WA but the short drive is so worth being in one of the last free states.

I visit because I love Zip's fries. God help me, but I do.

Restaurants that are "Allowed" to open will need to...
- turn the lights on
- re-start insurance other than fire/theft
-recall staff (may not want to come back from enhanced unemployment )
-restock
-fire up their stoves, ovens, deep fryer, water heaters, turn heat up

all for operating at just 25% of their capacity.... ?
It could probably cost them more than staying closed.

(unless they can charge "The French Laundry" prices and get politicians to eat there)

Most, if not all, restaurants in my area have remained opened even before the more recent dine-in allowance. They simply changed their operation to take out only. Some in fact seems to be doing rather well, the Buffalo Wild Wings in Federal Way for example, seems to always have a queue of people waiting to order or pick up their online order.

On the hand though, I guess if the restaurant was closed previously with no take-out only operations, they will likely remained closed.

Most, if not all, restaurants in my area have remained opened even before the more recent dine-in allowance. They simply changed their operation to take out only. Some in fact seems to be doing rather well, the Buffalo Wild Wings in Federal Way for example, seems to always have a queue of people waiting to order or pick up their online order.

On the hand though, I guess if the restaurant was closed previously with no take-out only operations, they will likely remained closed.
Many around me have done this, have patio seating and take out. Anything to try to keep the doors open till King Jay allowed them to be free again. A hell of a lot of them will of course just go under but this was the whole idea from the start.
Wife was making noise the other day about one place where she thought the food order was too high. I tried to explain to her the place was just trying to keep from closing permanently. I go buy one place on the way to work that I can tell just by parking is no way at only the allowed number. I am sure many will do this hoping to slip by. No doubt the snitch line is busy with Karen's calling to complain that they see people not doing as the King told them to do.
A few places did great on this. Little hole in the wall by me that has always been take out and is VERY good, is often so busy now it's hard to even get an order in. Still amazing that this has gone on for almost a year now with almost no push back.

Those restaurants are in fact closed. Just the kitchen is open, manned by a solitary cook free to scritch his balls while spooning the slop into a take-out container. Yay, we get to die miserable and fat!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top