JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How is Indiana so lucky to have a Repub majority at the capitol? I'm jealous. :(

On the other hand, I don't believe it's a good idea to allow 18 YO to carry with OR without a permit. Hunting/fishing out doors stuff not included. I see todays 18 YO as not being as mature as we were when we were 18. Maybe Indiana is vastly different than what I've seen with my own eyes here in the west? 18 YO hardly even get jobs anymore.

X_-sa4-&tn=FucDJm02ozzIrTUm&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

E.G., I wouldn't trust my 65 year old ex-wife with a gun for 5 seconds - especially if it was loaded.

If we can trust 18+ year olds with a select fire M16, I think we can trust them with a handgun.

If we can trust 18+ year olds with a select fire M16,
I assume the 18+ year olds we can trust with select fire M-16s you are referring to are those in the military.

If so this is an old argument with regard to 'trust' in that military personnel are trained under controlled conditions in the use, safety and care of those M-16s (and all weapons they may be required to use) and they do not possess them unless in a training or situation where they are required to carry them.

Big difference between a trained military member, and an 18 YO who can buy a handgun and carry it with no experience or training. Kind of an 'apples and oranges' comparison.

Some may very well be 'trustworthy' in that they take it seriously and seek out training, range experience ect., or had grown up with guns and had some level of experience and training but not all are going to be.

I certainly wouldn't be one to rally against giving 18 YOs the right to carry for protection among the general population. If it came to a vote I'd likely vote "Yes". All I'm saying is that todays 18 YOs have a higher percentage that are irresponsible, than say 50 years ago.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top