JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Legal or not, if your wife or daughter was pulled out of the car and beaten by two cops, would you come out with your conceal carry gun and try to stop it.

Amazing when I ask this of people where if the scenario were in Mexico...'oh yeah sure'...but here...'well um'.

Wow. Any judicial decision that would empower an individual anymore is as rare as hens teeth in this 'free country' of ours. Can't believe that giving an individual the right to defend themselves was even considered. Pigs do fly. Man bites dog. Etc etc.

500 steps backward and one step forward is still one step forward.

When/if a homeowner actually 'defends his home or person' from police acting illegally - and lives (a biggee!) + doesn't get shot, killed or beat senseless + doesn't go to jail + gets believe 'my word against the cop' + doesn't have his savings raped in legal fees + have his life and reputation destroyed ... then maybe I'll believe that an individual truly has a right to stand against tyranny/unConstitutional abuse by police. If this ever actually occurs, even just once, please post a link here. I really don't see it. Other than that, enjoy the buffet.

When/if a homeowner actually 'defends his home or person' from police acting illegally - and lives (a biggee!) + doesn't get shot, killed or beat senseless + doesn't go to jail + have his savings raped in legal fees + have his life and reputation destroyed ... then maybe I'll believe that an individual truly has a right to stand against tyranny/unConstitutional abuse by police. If this ever actually occurs, even just once, please post a link here. I really don't see it. Other than that, enjoy the buffet.

How many times has this happened to you or someone you know? I mean besides "training Day" or some other movie playing on TV. Having to legally defend your house against marauding police SWAT teams? Although in history it has happened, its not the norm and if police are at you house, you or someone at your house are probably the target. You are right though, I'd also be surprised to find someone who had shot a SWAT team member and wasn't one of those listed fates.

I don't know what part of Oregon you all are from, but Denzel Washington does not live there and scenarios like Training day are very few (if ever) and far between.

How many times has this happened to you or someone you know? I mean besides "training Day" or some other movie playing on TV. Having to legally defend your house against marauding police SWAT teams? Although in history it has happened, its not the norm and if police are at you house, you or someone at your house are probably the target. You are right though, I'd also be surprised to find someone who had shot a SWAT team member and wasn't one of those listed fates.

I don't know what part of Oregon you all are from, but Denzel Washington does not live there and scenarios like Training day are very few (if ever) and far between.

Just because someone is the target of police, doesn't mean they are in the right when they impede upon your freedom. I'll agree, not to often does the story end up different than how they show up in the news, 'Swat team enters home & kills homeowner' Sometimes the "perp" manages to take a few of them down & alot more often as of late, after they kill the home owner they are found to have used excessive force. Times are changing from the 50's when the 'officer' was always right because they are not as professional & 'right' as they were back then. A state legislature passing this law back in the 50's would of been unheard of, but now days its more & more obvious that its needed to allow the common American to instill in their mindset, that its ok to protect themselves & their family from any and all threats both foreign & domestic.

There are plenty of examples of police abusing their power just go on youtube. the unfortunate thing is that there are propbably more examples of the cops doing the right thing but they are not sensational so they don't get video taped or make it on the news. Unfortunately there is way to much focus on the bad things that happen in this country.

When/if a homeowner actually 'defends his home or person' from police acting illegally - and lives (a biggee!) + doesn't get shot, killed or beat senseless + doesn't go to jail + have his savings raped in legal fees + have his life and reputation destroyed ... then maybe I'll believe that an individual truly has a right to stand against tyranny/unConstitutional abuse by police. If this ever actually occurs, even just once, please post a link here. I really don't see it. Other than that, enjoy the buffet.

will try to find a link.. there have been instances of police going to the wrong house on a drug bust and ended up killing the innocent home owner, i believe it happened in arizona around 10 years ago.
actually found dozens....only posting these 3 .
Man Dies in Police Raid on Wrong House - ABC News
Pearl Family Suing After Police Raid Wrong Home - Jackson News Story - WAPT Jackson
Police raid wrong house, trade gunfire - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

It's not objective information then. If you get your statistics from You Tube, I'm guessing its not serious research. I would warn against sheeple sensationalism driving your opinion. We are people (especially this group) who are responsible for other people's lives. We need to take that responsibility seriously and believing the sensationalist drivel as fact can be a deadly mistake. The news, both mainstream and fringe, have an agenda- that is important to remember.

Do unlawful use of force situations happen-yep, but the percentage of people who are hurt/killed for offering no force against police- very slim. People who are hurt by offering resistance- HIGH. They may be wrong to enter your house but you are better off to get a nice and well deserved check than to end up dead and your widow ending up with a new mercedes :s0112:

Of course, just my opinion. Me personally, if I ever get into that situation, I will go along with the program and call my accountant.

SCOTUS has ruled several times that you have the right resist a illegal arrest up to and including death of the officer.

I think you will still have one hell of a fight in court.

I had no idea. I can't seem to Google it up - do you have a reference for the SCOTUS judgment?

Here's the OR statute:
161.260 Use of physical force in resisting arrest prohibited. A person may not use physical force to resist an arrest by a peace officer who is known or reasonably appears to be a peace officer, whether the arrest is lawful or unlawful. [1971 c.743 §32]

I had no idea. I can't seem to Google it up - do you have a reference for the SCOTUS judgment?

Here's the OR statute:

Maybe they meant in regard to natural law? I dont know but everyone has the right to defend oneself from harm, regardless of who is doing the harm. Natural law trumps man made law last time i checked, otherwise people wouldnt be capable of going against man made laws such as they can & do ;) However nobody on either side of things can seem to go against natural law. Wierd thing, nature is.

This sort of thing seems to be occurring more frequently these days. Add the NDAA, and eric holders assertion that the fed now claims the right to assassinate american citizens without due process to the mix, and things may be getting a bit more volatile. If we have lost the expectation of fair treatment under the law, which is starting to appear to be the case, cooperation from the citizenry might not be something that can be taken for granted any more. Obama signs a law that gives him the power of life or death over any citizen he chooses, but says "Hey, I'm a nice guy. Even though the law applies to american citizens, on US soil, you can trust me not to abuse this power." I gotta ask, why did he demand that the law be written to include american citizens? If you have no intention of using a power - why write it into law in the first place? This kind of thing makes the hair on back of my neck stand straight up. I'll be sleeping a bit more lightly from here on out.

Jose Guerena Killed: Arizona Cops Shoot Former Marine In Botched Pot Raid

If the police kicked in my door, it would not be legal because I don't give them a reason to raid my house. However, even if it is illegal I would still do what they tell me to do... because the department would get sued. I rather not die because I reach for my gun to defend my property.

This sort of thing seems to be occurring more frequently these days. Add the NDAA, and eric holders assertion that the fed now claims the right to assassinate american citizens without due process to the mix, and things may be getting a bit more volatile. If we have lost the expectation of fair treatment under the law, which is starting to appear to be the case, cooperation from the citizenry might not be something that can be taken for granted any more. Obama signs a law that gives him the power of life or death over any citizen he chooses, but says "Hey, I'm a nice guy. Even though the law applies to american citizens, on US soil, you can trust me not to abuse this power." I gotta ask, why did he demand that the law be written to include american citizens? If you have no intention of using a power - why write it into law in the first place? This kind of thing makes the hair on back of my neck stand straight up. I'll be sleeping a bit more lightly from here on out.

The only reason this kind of thing is happening more often these days is because of media. They focus people on the very small number of problems in the law enforcement community and ignore the good parts. Can you do me a favor and give us a link to the statute that gives the president this power?

If the police kicked in my door, it would not be legal because I don't give them a reason to raid my house. However, even if it is illegal I would still do what they tell me to do... because the department would get sued. I rather not die because I reach for my gun to defend my property.

The only reason this kind of thing is happening more often these days is because of media. They focus people on the very small number of problems in the law enforcement community and ignore the good parts. Can you do me a favor and give us a link to the statute that gives the president this power?

Then you are callow.

More bad legislation is not the answer to previous bad legislation and worse court rulings. A good start would be to rid of about 70% of the laws on the books and then having a legal system that supports our constitution while holding our government as well as individuals accountable for the burden of responsibility that comes with living in a free society.

You state "all drug laws" are victimless. That's horsebubblegum. Victimless is a BS term for trying to justify a crime because, "well, uh I didn't hurt anyone this time" as far as you know.

There most certainly can be victimless drug crimes, you are painting an issue in black and white when the truth is grey.

This is a bill designed to give widows and oprphans of the pole stupid enough to pull a gun on known police officers serving a warrant (EVEN IF THEY GOT THE WRONG ADDRESS).

There are precious few situations when someone busts through your door and you truly have no reason to think it's the cops. If you think it Is the cops, you know they got the wrong address or got the RIGHT address, ans STAND THE HELL DOWN.

Shooting at the cops will produce one result, pretty reliably: You will die.

Assuming you are NOT suicidal, I suggest you submit to whatever the cops want to do. It will all work out in the wash and you will have a beautiful lawsuit in the morning.

-One suggestion is to BEG them not to shoot your dog. Since lately the SOP of the Gestapo seems to be shoot all dogs before anything else.

This is a stupid Fing bill. Reform the Gdamn no-knock BS warrant system. THAT was the problem in the first place.

There are precious few situations when someone busts through your door and you truly have no reason to think it's the cops

Any situation of someone busting down my door would result in me having no reason to believe its the actual police. The first thing i would think is its someone wanting you to believe that they are the police so their home invasion goes smoothly.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top