JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was up there last week and a Clackamas County Deputy was out looking for shooters, illegal campers and people dumping garbage. Luckily I had just filled the bed of my truck with used targets, beer cans, pallets and shotgun hills from the bottom pit. It used to be that no one was ever there but after the memaloose fire and subsequent closure there has been a big uptick in garbage. The forest service will shut it down to stop the garbage so for the love of everything holy pick up your trash. I would hate to see how some of these people live.

I was up there last week and a Clackamas County Deputy was out looking for shooters, illegal campers and people dumping garbage. Luckily I had just filled the bed of my truck with used targets, beer cans, pallets and shotgun hills from the bottom pit. It used to be that no one was ever there but after the memaloose fire and subsequent closure there has been a big uptick in garbage. The forest service will shut it down to stop the garbage so for the love of everything holy pick up your trash. I would hate to see how some of these people live.
Looking for shooters?? Are we not supposed to shoot at this location?

I went to Indian Henry #1 & #2 yesterday.
#1 was pretty clean and nice.

20200702_133659.jpg

I just spoke with the USFS district office. The helpful girl there got on their systèm and found that 4620 is still closed. Apparently the Job Corp Center was damaged in the fire but is still there. No mention of current plans of reopening to thè public at this point.
I guess you could take that as you will. Atleast it doesn't sound like another temporarily permanent closure like Memaloose road at this point.
The last time I went out there to scout 4620 it was.so changed, I couldn't even find the road access .
I was told there may be more information on this in early sùmmer.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.