JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guys, I just purchased an Indian Arms this week on GBroker. sounds like the safety and other parts can be fragile. I might be interested in some spares if you you still have parts. I have been looking for one to bring back home to Detroit for sometime. Also looking for the limited info on the net. Might try to find the old factory if I can track down an address.

Guys, I just purchased an Indian Arms this week on GBroker. sounds like the safety and other parts can be fragile. I might be interested in some spares if you you still have parts. I have been looking for one to bring back home to Detroit for sometime. Also looking for the limited info on the net. Might try to find the old factory if I can track down an address.
I do have a small bag of spare parts, Ill try to find it tomorrow evening.

Picture, or it didn't happen ;-) BTW, LuckyGunner has GDHP in .380 ... They are still ridiculously expensive for the size, but better than what I could find elsewhere.

yes, I meant you the OP ;-)
Happily, Ill take pictures tomorrow ;)
However the sheered safety is half gone and I think the other half is in the spare parts bag but either way it was a junk cast part. Sweet pistol for the few mags put through it, but thats all that that it was good for.

For being "supposedly" 1 of only 1000 or so it failed like a Bryco or similar SNS

Thanks ZA. I hope I have better luck than you did. A shame you didn't even get a full box of ammo through it. I think the hammer drp safety drops the hammer hard on the suspicious part. I will not be using that feature when she arrives. Please let me know your price on the misc. parts. Thanks.

Thanks ZA. I hope I have better luck than you did. A shame you didn't even get a full box of ammo through it. I think the hammer drp safety drops the hammer hard on the suspicious part. I will not be using that feature when she arrives. Please let me know your price on the misc. parts. Thanks.

That safety lever and drum will take abuse from shock and vibration every time you fire that gun, when the safety lever is off, the firing pin sticks out the rear of drum, every time the hammer hits the firing pin it hits or vibrates drum as firing pin is pushed in to fire weapon when it comes in contact with back of drum, also your safety plunger that is attached to extractor plunger and spring are resting on the locking or unlocking grooves on drum, you just have to keep your fingers crossed that the Cast lever and drum have been properly manufactured with extensive quality control, I have friend who have many rounds through and cast part is hanging in there, but constantly remove safety lever drum from slide after range session, checking for hairline cracks, if it goes it will probably take out slide.

I have had 1 similar incident with a Stainless Safety Lever drum on a Interarms Ranger made Walther PPK/S, it cracked but did not take out slide, I immediately replaced it with a Blued German (* Forged *) Safety lever drum from the many I bought back in the 70's.

I would not spend any more money, just shoot and have fun.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg 1st photo is the framed semi gutted pistol.
2nd photo is the parts Ive taken out, firing pin, extractor and springs..
3rd photo is the sheered drum. The other half is on Salmonberry road.. Somewhere.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

All.. I just found a Indian Arms .380 while cleaning out some stuff from a recently deceased relative. I am more of a shotgun guy so really have no plans to keep this. Anyone interested in purchasing? The gun appears to be in excellent condition but is missing the magazine. It cycles and breaks down fine.

All.. I just found a Indian Arms .380 while cleaning out some stuff from a recently deceased relative. I am more of a shotgun guy so really have no plans to keep this. Anyone interested in purchasing? The gun appears to be in excellent condition but is missing the magazine. It cycles and breaks down fine.
Actually I would be interested. PM sent.

I have an Indian arms P380 in a wooden box that appears to be original box with gun. they were made 2 years as earlier posts suggest. 1975 to 1977. The serial numbers were given highter numbers so it appeared to be many more firearms manufactured. Also, many serial numbers were personalized. Check the Blue Book of gun Values and it tells you there were 1000 manufactured. There were custom boxes and serial numbers available. They are rare so don't consider ther value by the blue book. They are not as inferior as some posters indicate. Mine shoots well and it looks more like a colt mustang than a Walther. However, it may perform and function more like a walther.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top