JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have seen this on a few shows talking about the Nazi troops. Also that Hitlers Doc probably saved a lot of lives by keeping him jacked up on dope. From what I keep hearing he was telling the boss it was some kind of vitamins he was injecting into him.

I am quite certain that Adolf Hitler's Doctor had very few humanitarian motivations one way or the other during his extensive administering of various drugs.

In other words, No Doctor helping him was saving lives.
I meant that the Doc shortened his life and mental faculties. I take it you have never paid much attention to the history of the man? He made some colossal mistakes later in the war. It got so bad some of his top people tried to kill him. They narrowly missed but it set him off even more. He then killed some of his top people as he was losing it. If not for the Doc giving him happy juice he may well have gotten a hell of a lot further along than he did. Between him and Japan the US was in a very precarious spot there for a while. We won but it was far from a walk away victory. We got real lucky a few times. When we dropped the bombs on Japan to stop them they did not know we only had those 2. That if we needed more it would have taken a VERY long time to make more. Hitler had top guys trying to do the same thing we did. Imagine his Doctor had not fried his brain and one of his people had figured out how to make a bomb first?
It's sad that so many now learn almost nothing of this time in history. The lack of teaching history is why we seem doomed to repeat so many of those mistakes again :(

This channel makes high quality content. They've covered WWI, the interwar period, and the Cuban Missile Crisis as well.

Last Edited:
" I take it you have never paid much attention to the history of the man?"

If anything you have said here would give me reason to question any attention you may (or may not) have paid to history, I would grant you the respect to keep such assumptions to myself.

I am also aware that I can't expect other people to place themselves under the same restraints.

I meant that the Doc shortened his life and mental faculties. I take it you have never paid much attention to the history of the man? He made some colossal mistakes later in the war. It got so bad some of his top people tried to kill him. They narrowly missed but it set him off even more. He then killed some of his top people as he was losing it. If not for the Doc giving him happy juice he may well have gotten a hell of a lot further along than he did. Between him and Japan the US was in a very precarious spot there for a while. We won but it was far from a walk away victory. We got real lucky a few times. When we dropped the bombs on Japan to stop them they did not know we only had those 2. That if we needed more it would have taken a VERY long time to make more. Hitler had top guys trying to do the same thing we did. Imagine his Doctor had not fried his brain and one of his people had figured out how to make a bomb first?
It's sad that so many now learn almost nothing of this time in history. The lack of teaching history is why we seem doomed to repeat so many of those mistakes again :(
Both the nazis and the IJ were working on the Bomb. At the end of the war a German sub was intercepted taking equipment, plans and heavy water to Japan... Heavy water was produced in Korea and had been for some years. USA just got the bomb first... it might have been otherwise had we not gotten involved in ww2, as many isolationists wished.. Attacking the USA may have (in the long run) done the world a favor, albeit backhandedly... This was reported in the LA Times- Aug 5 2015, and there are many articles about this on the 'net..

Last Edited:
Attacking the USA may have (in the long run) done the world a favor, albeit backhandedly...
^^^ This has merit...

Imagine a world where Germany and/or Imperial Japan arrived at the nuclear table before the US.
Everything we argue about and defend today (2A) wouldn't have survived past the 1940s...

I remember some interview with Elvis, no less, and he was talking about taking Bennies to stay awake on guard duty
Drugs seem to be a part of the military experience.

1) Schicklgruber was strung out on Pervitin and Eukodal (Eukodal, a semisynthetic opiate agonist derived from the opioid alkaloid, thebaine, is similar to other phenanthrene derivatives such as hydrocodone and morphine.) given to him by his primary care physician Dr. Teodore Morel.
Speed and high octane narcotics are not known for improving judgement.
Ref. BLITZED: Drugs in the 3rd Reich by Norman Ohler.

2) The Allies used amphetamines and Pemoline (trade name: Cylert, Banned for liver toxicity in 2005) to keep enthusiasm up in the face of fatigue.

3) Heisenberg's team would not have gotten the bomb, at least not in any timely fashion. Diebner's team might have pulled it off.
Japan may have test fired a nuke in N. Korea. No way to verify, since access is denied.

4) Indeed, the outcome could have been a lot different. Victory by the Allies was far from a given.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads