JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speaking of safes, I'm going to the gun show on Saturday and will probably buy a safe from Charlie. I intend to put it in my garage on the concrete floor and want to anchor it to the floor, primarily to keep it from tipping over.

How hard is it to anchor a safe to the concrete floor and what is the process?

I'm counting on the average thief being stupid enough to think that I left my combination right there for the taking. All he has to do is spend the next 30 minutes trying all of them.

That actually is pretty funny. :D

Speaking of safes, I'm going to the gun show on Saturday and will probably buy a safe from Charlie. I intend to put it in my garage on the concrete floor and want to anchor it to the floor, primarily to keep it from tipping over.

How hard is it to anchor a safe to the concrete floor and what is the process?

======================================================

With the proper tools it is quite easy, basicaly you drill the appropriate numer of holes in the correct diameter and insert an expansion bolt or you could epoxy the bolts to the concrete.

If you would like I live nearby and for $50 could take care of this for you.
CCB#169803

Edit: also work for beer, guns, and ammo.

With the proper tools it is quite easy, basicaly you drill the appropriate numer of holes in the correct diameter and insert an expansion bolt or you could epoxy the bolts to the concrete.

CCB#169803

Gunnails Thanks for the offer, but it sounds pretty simple. They only thing I'm looking into now is borrowing an impact drill from someone. I have a line on a couple of them, but if it comes to having to rent one from Home Depot, I just might take you up on it and avoid the hassle.

CCB#169803

Gunnails Thanks for the offer, but it sounds pretty simple. They only thing I'm looking into now is borrowing an impact drill from someone. I have a line on a couple of them, but if it comes to having to rent one from Home Depot, I just might take you up on it and avoid the hassle.

==============================================

I would go with 1/2" expansion bolts, long enough to seat 4" into the concrete but no deeper, and if you could add a 1/2" lag bolt or 2 into a stud in the wall behind it, in my oppinion you would be golden, good luck.:)

They only thing I'm looking into now is borrowing an impact drill from someone. I have a line on a couple of them, but if it comes to having to rent one from Home Depot, I just might take you up on it and avoid the hassle.

Cougfan2,

I know it's a drive but I've got a Bosch hammer drill that you could use/borrow. PM if needed.

Hey all,

I am always thinking of ways that I can increase the security of my home and attempting to make life difficult for anyone who would break into my home. I try and do the standard stuff, but some of my efforts just make me chuckle, so I thought I would share this one.

If you are a crook, please stop reading here. Thank you.

I rewrote my "safe owners manual" and have taped it to the side of the safe. It is partially hidden, but almost hard not to find. Anyhoo, take a look at the new owners manual and let me know what you think. I'm counting on the average thief being stupid enough to think that I left my combination right there for the taking. All he has to do is spend the next 30 minutes trying all of them. :s0114:

Even if it doesn't work, it makes me smile to think of frustrating someone intent on ripping me off...

Let me know if you want a full sized color version.

If these instructions made a burglar stay at your house for half an hour messing with your safe, and you got home, saw him there, and shot him, a prosecutor or plaintiff's lawyer would be able to shove them up your *** (and bubba would finish the job).

Think about it: you're encouraging somebody to spend time in your house, with the full knowledge of what you'll do to him if you see him there. Doesn't look good.

*edit* Otherwise, it's still an awesome/hilarious idea.

Last Edited:
If these instructions made a burglar stay at your house for half an hour messing with your safe, and you got home, saw him there, and shot him, a prosecutor or plaintiff's lawyer would be able to shove them up your *** (and bubba would finish the job).

Think about it: you're encouraging somebody to spend time in your house, with the full knowledge of what you'll do to him if you see him there. Doesn't look good.

By that same logic, I shouldn't lock my safe. Doing so would delay the thief making it more likely that he would still be there when I got home. I guess I should leave my safe open and keep everything in easy to carry boxes. :s0114:

I see your reasoning, but I have not set a trap where the thief would be trapped and have to stay. It is just a mechanism to keep my belongings for as long as possible.

And I DON'T know what I will do to him if I see him there. If he runs off, OK. Off he goes and I call the cops. If he lays down, fine. I call the cops. If he causes me to fear for my life, I will defend myself.

By that same logic, I shouldn't lock my safe. Doing so would delay the thief making it more likely that he would still be there when I got home. I guess I should leave my safe open and keep everything in easy to carry boxes. :s0114:

I see your reasoning, but I have not set a trap where the thief would be trapped and have to stay. It is just a mechanism to keep my belongings for as long as possible.

And I DON'T know what I will do to him if I see him there. If he runs off, OK. Off he goes and I call the cops. If he lays down, fine. I call the cops. If he causes me to fear for my life, I will defend myself.

I talk about this kind of thing for hours every day in law school... you can take or leave the advice, but it's not just my own personal reasoning. Brilliant idea, but it won't protect your property or your freedom.

Arg. I hate being wrong, especially after disagreeing and saying I am right...

The more I consider Zachs points, the more I think it should come down. So, its gone from the top of my safe and from the post.

Thanks for the input...

Arg. I hate being wrong, especially after disagreeing and saying I am right...

The more I consider Zachs points, the more I think it should come down. So, its gone from the top of my safe and from the post.

Thanks for the input...

No worries - it's good practice for all the other times in my career I'll have to piss all over other people's otherwise awesome ideas.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top