JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw this info on OFF's FB page and just thought I'd pass it along.

Tomorrow at 8 am, the Senate Judiciary Committee will be holding a "remote" hearing.

You can watch this hearing on line. A link will be posted below in the comments. (You can link to the video in the upper right of that window.)

On the agenda will be " Increase in Firearm Sales and Background Check Issues During COVID-19 Epidemic"

This agenda item predates the current riots.
The obvious question will be "What is being done to address the absolute mess the Oregon background check system has become."
We don't know if it will be asked, but we are pretty sure it won't be answered.
We do expect that rather than use this mess to improve the system that none of us should be subjected to in the first place, we will see efforts made by the Democrats to use this chaos to further restrict gun sales by removing what few safeguards the system has for people who are wrongfully delayed and denied.

Well, the Senate Judiciary Committee certainly won't want to hear about

Sold a handful over the last two weeks. Almost every single transfer took half a day.

Here's a link to a video recording of today's session (starts at 1:28:45), and here's my short summary:

Tom Worthy, Public Safety Services Bureau, Oregon State Police

Opening statement: "volumes are way up", "historic increases" (details in presentation)

Average wait times: 2020: 4 hours (peak/30 hrs, low/11 min), 2019: 10 minutes

"a lot of guns are going out the door"

lots of first time buyers = more time needed for research

summary : "doing everything they can to live up to their obligation"

Questions from Senators.

Transactions are up across the state equally.

Interesting (worrying): without being asked, Tom Worthy brings up the question of background checks on ammo (!!!), but says that would be impossible (at least under present conditions, I assume).

Sen. Manning asks Tom Worthy if the reason is known (from the background check!) why people are buying more guns. As a sponsor of many gun control bills, glad to see he's well informed about what information is collected by the background check system. Of course the question itself is pretty ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Thatcher asks if other states are having the same problems, and if anything can be done to avoid the delays in the future.

Last Edited:
I just watched a guy wait on a PSA rifle today for almost 2 weeks shipping to be told he will have to come back in a week once his BGC clears.

I submitted one this morning at 11:24 A,M. at 9:02 P.M this is the status "Awaiting Operator Review (2647 of 3285) " what is going on?
What's going on:

One party is fully embracing and encouraging the civil unrest, embracing and encouraging defunding and disbanding police. Folks who can actually critically think for themselves realize they need to have the ability to protect themselves, because things are going to get a whole lot worse before they get better. They're buying guns in record numbers...

But where's the ammo :eek:

I pray to God these first time gun buyers fully open their eyes and realize the party that's created this mess also wants to take away their guns...

Did some checking at the two local gun stores- most sidearms and semi-auto rifles are nearly sold out and what is left is price-inflated. Shotguns are non-existent... This in a community known to be one of the more heavily-armed towns in Colorado and under no real threat of either China virus or bands of marauding inner-city thugs ... makes no never-mind to me but I found it interesting...
Are these the times some have been expecting and preparing for?

Are these the times some have been expecting and preparing for?

I have seen this jar of pickles sitting on the shelf for years, and now someone is fully opening the lid.

The real question is.... who are the ones making money off of all this foolishness, and who are the ones who stand to be "on top" if it all burns down.... in short, follow the money.

Last Edited:
The Oregon FICS queue was up over 3300 transactions in line yesterday.....
What are people buying? Is there anything left to buy out there?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top