JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Senator Michael Dembrow wondered where gun sales were increasing (everywhere) but just when you think you've heard the dumbest questions, Senator James Manning proves it can always get worse.

Disturbingly, Manning wanted to know if the State Police kept records of "why" people were buying guns and asked if it was "just hey I'm buying this new shiny firearm because it matches my eyes." (1:48:32 in the archived video.)"

Classic. "I may be ignorant, but I make up for it by looking like a fool." Current events? What current events?

Guys and gals. Without spouting partisan politics (there's too much of that buffalo dust in the air as it is), please try to educate friends/acquaintances who might actually give a darn.

Sadly, I think a lot of these first-time buyers we're seeing will also be once-only buyers, and then turn around and vote for invasive new gun control legislation.

Why? Because "I got mine and it's just a little pistol, not an 'assault rifle.' Those guys need to worry, not me."

"Buyer Beware" takes on a whole new/different meaning as rubber-stamped endorsements for intentionally convoluted new laws keep popping up under the self-righteous phony guise of "public safety."

Last Edited:
FYI. Apart from Bimart, Tick Licker is basically the only gun shop in Benton County now. Went in yesterday and they had AR's, lowers, parts kits, and a variety of semi-auto handguns. Nothing near the normal selection, but at least they had stuff. Crazy times.

I bought my SCCY CPX 1 on May 19th and only had to wait about two minutes. It is the longest that I have ever had to wait, but it wasn't that bad. I just wonder if my Navy and commerrcial nuclear background has something to do with it. I had one of the highest clearances when I worked in the Navy Nuclear Shipyard in Bremerton. I could and did go everywhere on the ships and subs as part of my job as a Radiation Protection Technician. The background check took 6 months and I was only 22.

There are currently 3,833 people in the queue.

From what we can tell there is no actual reason why someone is instantly approved or not. Closest thing we can figure out is if your name is not common at all and you include social for identity purposes.

We have had concealed carry holders, law enforcement, and even the owner of the gun shop get put to the back of the line.

Antis: "Can we cut back the staff doing background checks to one person?" Worthy: "Yes but the wait times would be in the tens of thousands." Antis: "That's fine with us, we'll see what we can do to defund background check staff"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top