JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why would you want to increase muzzle flash...?
Just wondering here....not trying to sound snarky or start a ruckus...:D
Andy
Just for fun at the range. I had a AR15 by Springfield(Saint Victor I think) that had a blast forward diverter thing and it definitely increased the muzzle flash.(by a lot, flame was1.5 feet easily, it was awesome)
I figured if it works for 5.56 then maybe it does for other calibers like .22LR

I have a linear compensator on a 4.6" bbl ruger charger build.
Have not noticed any dramatic flash.
Hope this information helps .
Will try with cci stingers and velocitors one day maybe. That's the hottest 22lr in am aware of
Darn, looks like I'll just look for a muzzle device that makes it look like even more of a star wars prop.

This a cheap 5.56 brake with a "blast can " that screws on . Couldn't tell you the brand, but like $30.
Looks cool I think.

20200619_213731.jpg

Hmm, .22 tracers would work. They r fairly expensive though. Maybe a .22 recoil enhancer? 9CFB89C6-5112-40C2-9602-4A0FE65AE949.jpeg
I don't think there is enough blast for a fan port compensator. I don't know if anyone makes them for .22. Here is one for 9mm: 213EC08D-1026-45DE-AE00-DEF4F53E7A62.jpeg 8C009EDF-6757-40AC-958E-C18ECE5E8CAB.jpeg

Last Edited:
I am not sure much can be done for the .22lr and it's meager powder charges. Someday you will learn to loathe muzzle flash and take measures to reduce it not enhance it. You want spectacular muzzle flash? get a 10.5" ar pistol in 7.62x39 or a 7.5" 5.56. With a standard birdcage they probably could start a fire. :eek:

Get a Derringer pistol.
Or Shoot tracers.

Muzzle flash = not tacticool.

Can't use night vision goggles with muzzle flash. Can't use muzzle flash to light your way in the dark. Muzzle flash blinds you when shooting in the dark. Muzzle flash gives away your position. Muzzle flash scares game while hunting. Muzzle flash does not light your cigarette nor your buddies. Muzzle flash during dry months is a hazard while shooting prone.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top