Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Incident at Walmart in Salem

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by papahepcat, Apr 24, 2015.

1. papahepcat

papahepcat Silverton, Oregon, United States Member

I was on lunch earlier and got caught in all kinds of traffic. This was why.

http://www.kptv.com/story/28892725/reports-of-police-activity-near-salem-walmart-store

When I saw the pic on that article, I realized I saw that bus, those cars and one of the guys who was part of that group just yesterday at Wilco. I went right by them.

If I'm that close to someone who's willing to shoot at the police, it makes me glad to be able to carry.

2. PDXGuy

PDXGuy Portland Member

;)Wearing body armor would be a good idea also

3. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Seriously if you have a warrant.. Its just a matter of time. That and the bus is far from inconspicuous.

4. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

Only if you get stopped or otherwise are noticed by the police or expose yourself in someway to police or government scrutiny (e.g., apply for gov. benefits using the name on the warrant).

It isn't like police are sitting there comparing everybody's face to the description of every warrant in existence. Once they have reason to check though, then often they catch you, but even then sometimes they don't because of incompatibilities with state/city/etc. computer systems.

It is getting harder though what with facial recognition and computers in general, unless you take steps to assume a different identity.

OTOH, it is a well known fact in criminal justice circles that 80% of the crimes are committed by 20% of the criminals (an example of the Pareto Principle), and that dedicating resources to enforcing outstanding warrants significantly reduces crime. I.E., some police forces have had good success in reducing crimes by creating special teams who search out and find repeat criminals (usually at their homes) with outstanding arrest warrants, arresting them, and incarcerating them.

Problem is, these special warrant service teams only last a while until some highly visible crime happens on the street, there is a public outcry, the mayor promises action, the chief of police obeys the orders of the mayor, and the warrant team is disbanded and put in a squad car or walking a beat to give the illusion of a public presence, while the criminals sit at home counting their loot.

The criminals know this, the LEOs know this, the police chief knows this, even the mayor knows this - but they do it to protect their jobs.

Stomper and ZA_Survivalist like this.
  5. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Did you watch the news.....they were ramming it with there tacticool vehicle.....

BoonDocks36, Stomper, U201491 and 2 others like this.
  6. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

Harrumph.

7. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

I meant more if you lived on the grid with a vehicle it'd be a matter of time if they were just running plates. The likelihood of getting pulled over can be greater if in and around a city.
    That and his sweet bus didnt help him keep his cover.

8. PotshotJim

PotshotJim Oregon Member

It looks like an alternate ending to Breaking Bad.
    I listened to the scanner for 5 hours of this and have to say that the Marion Couny Sheriff Dept used a lot of restraint under fire. I don't know what tipped that guy over, but he had no intentions of giving up peacefully.

v0lcom13sn0w and 156256Hunter like this.
  9. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yeah, and I think the SWAT driver needed a different angle. He wasn't doing sh!t... Hook the front door opening and rip it out!

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  10. spectra

Yeah was kind of funny watching it....

I could see what they were trying to do but they could not figure it out....

I think they will get a bigger vehicle now after watching it. They could not move the bus at all but the little Toyota moved easy.......

11. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If they wanted to move the bus, start from the front, not the side... I was wondering the same thing.

12. spectra

Well they did try and move it from the front. They were trying to take the door off I think. They did hit it fom he front but it did not move much,

13. spectra

It was just interesting watching it from the news copter....

14. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

I have yet ti find out what they wanted him for in the first place. All the media have been totally hush on that on ??????????????????

15. spectra

Was he the one who shot the dog?

I got as feed on a police dog was shot in Salem but did not read it.

U201491 likes this.
  16. U201491

But why were they after him in the first place. Was he a wanted felon, a murderer, a drug dealer ??
    Why are they so hush on that. Normally they are all over the reasons why, but not on this one. Just puzzling.

17. PotshotJim

PotshotJim Oregon Member

He shot a sharpshooter's sandbag. It was a police sandbag. I think it needed stitches.

NoFlinch and orygun like this.
  18. U201491

You drinking ??????:confused:

19. PotshotJim

PotshotJim Oregon Member

Nope.
    I finished that a long time ago.
    You?

20. JustShoot

JustShoot Oregon . Hillsborito area Active Member

AHhhhh yes .. don't believe the media reports on this incident you reading . It's Defiantly smells like a Walmart Jade Helm coverup . .. ; )