JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Washington CPL numbers continue rising with national trend

Nearly 378,000 Evergreen State residents are now licensed to carry concealed pistols as Washington continues to trend with other states in the steady nationwide increase in the number of private citizens who are obtaining carry permits or licenses.

<broken link removed>

Once again...please click the "like" thing on that page.

I got mine around '85 or '86 after an ex-girlfriend's psychiatrist called me to tell me she had admitted to him that she was out to kill me.
My father (a tax collector for the State of WA) had his years before that.

Oregon, but I got mine after helping my neighbor pull his three small children from under his van and trying to calm them at our local Safeway after two cars full of gangsters roared through the parking lot in a gun battle. He got one also. We have been neighbors for nearly 30yrs and have each others back! Got it in the first year as a will issue state but for the life of me I can't remember when that was. Sorry, Dave we kind of hijacked Your thread there. It's good news too!

Oregon, but I got mine after helping my neighbor pull his three small children from under his van and trying to calm them at our local Safeway after two cars full of gangsters roared through the parking lot in a gun battle. He got one also. We have been neighbors for nearly 30yrs and have each others back! Got it in the first year as a will issue state but for the life of me I can't remember when that was. Sorry, Dave we kind of hijacked Your thread there. It's good news too!

No hijack at all.

I launch these things with the links (hopefully, you took the time to read the original column, which should guide the conversation) to give you guys some subject to kick around, ponder, and have a healthy discussion.

Some folks think us Examiners make a fortune. That outfit pays so pitifully that it's an act of charity for me, Codrea, Hofmann and others to actually keep writing for them.

Assuming a population of 6.83M people per <broken link removed> , that means that 5.5% of the population have an active Concealed Pistol License (CPL) now in WA State. That is more than one in every 20 people in the State.

Peter

I think Oregon became a "shall issue" state in 1986.

Assuming a population of 6.83M people per <broken link removed> , that means that 5.5% of the population have an active Concealed Pistol License (CPL) now in WA State. That is more than one in every 20 people in the State.

considering that 23% of the population is under 18 and people who have felonies its more like one in 13 have concealed carry

Got my first CC in Washington back in '91-'92 during the Rodney King riots. Let is lapse as parenthood and a fairly bland 90's lead me to not be as proactive.

Picked up my CC again a few months back after theaters started getting shot up and zombies started eating people on freeway overpasses...

Peter
Throw out the felons and under ago and it's getting close to 10% of the legal population that does have a CPL!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top