JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just moved. Do I need to change the address on my CPL to continue to purchase through an FFL withou the waiting period? With a drivers license you just write the new one on the back. But now it doesn't match the address on the CPL. Will this prevent me from purchasing a gun? Thanks.

I do believe you are required to update it when you move in state. I know that doesnt stop anyone from selling you a gun the same day because I have recently done it and my address does not match my CPL.

As the DOL site states, you are NOT required to update it if you move within the state. You can change it when it comes time for renewal as well.

I chose to anyways, so my driver's license matches my CPL address but YMMV.

Not required to change cpl. Not having an up to date DL may be a problem depending on the ffl. Just went through this last month. Had the new addy on the back of my DL. Ffl didn't like it but sold to me anyway. Good luck.

I do believe you are required to update it when you move in state. I know that doesnt stop anyone from selling you a gun the same day because I have recently done it and my address does not match my CPL.

I updated mine a few years back and was told it was completely unnecessary to do so.
Just the drivers license.Yes you can write the new address on the back of the DL,but you are still supposed to change it after 30 days?

Yeah both eyes,Big Five don't like it at all up here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top