JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
M44 to the rescue, if the bullet dont kill you the flame will!!

flame.jpg

Well, to answer my own questions;

I'd have been on the phone to the cops right away. One LEO can disperse a score of unruly opportunists pretty effectively. It's awesome that a neighbour stood up for another. There is too little of that aspect of community left these days. I'd have done the same and would have been proud to do it.

Two guys trying to break in through his door? As part of a mob you have the force disparity aspect...I'm sad to say that I don't have a clear answer about how I'd have reacted; either waiting untill they came in to arm and fire or act exactly as this man did so effectively.

Depending on where the man lives if that state has a castle doctrine or not would have made the decision easy for me to fire on the 2 kids trying to get in.

LMFAO. I love this comment: "First mistake, they messed with a dude that had a Gadsden flag. Second mistake, they messed with a dude that has the balls to wear a Sarong."

Freaking awesome.

-d

In this case, he used the proper amount of force, merely presenting the weapon, to defuse the situation.

It could have easily gone the other way though, which is why I do question the use of a 5-round bolt action as a primary defensive weapon.

Keith

In this case, he used the proper amount of force, merely presenting the weapon, to defuse the situation.

It could have easily gone the other way though, which is why I do question the use of a 5-round bolt action as a primary defensive weapon.

Keith

I agree to an extent. There is a certain intimidation factor involved with an old-timer brandishing a weapon of antiquity. Like the old saying, "beware the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it."

gran_torino_clint_eastwood.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads