In Soviet Rus...uh, Eastern USA, wait...

OP
darkminstrel

darkminstrel

Reactions
Well, to answer my own questions;

I'd have been on the phone to the cops right away. One LEO can disperse a score of unruly opportunists pretty effectively. It's awesome that a neighbour stood up for another. There is too little of that aspect of community left these days. I'd have done the same and would have been proud to do it.

Two guys trying to break in through his door? As part of a mob you have the force disparity aspect...I'm sad to say that I don't have a clear answer about how I'd have reacted; either waiting untill they came in to arm and fire or act exactly as this man did so effectively.

Reactions
Depending on where the man lives if that state has a castle doctrine or not would have made the decision easy for me to fire on the 2 kids trying to get in.

Decker

Reactions
LMFAO. I love this comment: "First mistake, they messed with a dude that had a Gadsden flag. Second mistake, they messed with a dude that has the balls to wear a Sarong."

Freaking awesome.

-d

Spray-n-pray

Reactions
In this case, he used the proper amount of force, merely presenting the weapon, to defuse the situation.

It could have easily gone the other way though, which is why I do question the use of a 5-round bolt action as a primary defensive weapon.

Keith
I agree to an extent. There is a certain intimidation factor involved with an old-timer brandishing a weapon of antiquity. Like the old saying, "beware the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it."

gran_torino_clint_eastwood.jpg

UPCOMING EVENTS

Lead Farm Precision Rifle Match
The Lead Farm
34006 Gwinn Rd, Prosser, WA 99350, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom