JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The weekend shooting of an aggressive pit bull at a Kirkland park appears to fall well within the guidelines of self-defense under this state’s statutes, and the incident has ignited a furious debate about dangerous dogs.
The case, according to Alan Gottlieb, executive vice president of the Second Amendment Foundation in Bellevue, underscores why his organization fought to nullify Seattle’s illegal parks gun ban.

<broken link removed>

Wow this story isn't getting much press on other news sites, probably because of the burglary shootings this morning...

My wife and I were at that park Friday with our dogs... I would have done the same thing...

Thanks for posting this.

dave i walk my dogs constantly at least once a day i have consistently run into aggressive gangbangers dogs on the beach without their owners it is a nuisance and at worst a hazard to life and limb........They always say the same thing hes not aggressive yet my dog is to other unaltered-males i have a large bully breed hes always on a leash . Now im trying to separate three large dogs in a knockdown drag out fight and have been bitten. i have had old women do the same thing he/she's sweet and the fight happens as they come up tail in the air unchained and its on.

when you take a dog off leash around people and other dogs you immediately open yourself up to anything that uncontrolled dog does civily and criminally

I own a pitbull, love her to death, but if she was mauling someone elses dog, I failed as a owner and I wouldn't hold it against them to save their own dog. The problem is the owner, not the dogs. We need stricter animal laws as far as breeding and owning certain breeds.

Yeah, let's have an assault-dog ban, hencforth known as the "ADB"!! No full-auto dogs, no dog shall have more than 10 teeth, no dogs will have a pistol grip & shall have a fixed thumb hole stock (ick), no imported dogs (only parts kits are allowed), no dog shall have a noise/flash suppressor, no dog shall have a bayonet lug, no dogs under 16" in length... that ought to make things safer!!

I own a pitbull, love her to death, but if she was mauling someone elses dog, I failed as a owner and I wouldn't hold it against them to save their own dog. The problem is the owner, not the dogs. We need stricter animal laws as far as breeding and owning certain breeds.

No you need to instill in society the notion that dog owners need to properly care for them and train their pets well. Its called responsibility. I love dogs but don't have the space nor desire to spend the proper amount of time to care and train one, thus I don't have one, besides the neighbor dogs who occasionally use my front lawn for a bathroom.

Yeah, let's have an assault-dog ban, hencforth known as the "ADB"!! No full-auto dogs, no dog shall have more than 10 teeth, no dogs will have a pistol grip & shall have a fixed thumb hole stock (ick), no imported dogs (only parts kits are allowed), no dog shall have a noise/flash suppressor, no dog shall have a bayonet lug, no dogs under 16" in length... that ought to make things safer!!

Are muzzle shrouds ok though??

We need stricter animal laws as far as breeding and owning certain breeds.

No, you don't. When you go that way of thinking you wind up not having, for example, Rottweilers, or may other breeds like many places in Calii have restricted. Marin County comes to mnd.

I will try try to stop dog fights using safe means, but when it comes to maulings or unprovoked attacks one or more dogs are being shot. Mine included!!!

You can't compare dogs to inanimate objects, or tools, like firearms. Decades of breeding can be brought out by the smallest things. It's just not the same.

Dog attacks bring out the backlash; Crime down, gun sales up!

For the second time since Saturday, a man has been attacked by unleashed, aggressive dogs, the most recent attack happening in Kent.
In the aftermath, public reaction is not unlike that unleashed against firearms and their owners following a high-profile shooting.

<broken link removed>

Haha, hilarious. Keep up the good work

There is a concept in the civil law called "strict liability". It says that when you are doing any of a number of specific activities (like blasting stumps) it doesn't matter what precautions you take or how careful you are being. Any damage done to others or their property as a result of your actions is automatically, 100% your fault, and you are financially responsible. Conversely, any actions taken by others to prevent that damage are automatically reasonable.

This concept of strict liability needs to be extended to any dog off a leash. As a hunting hound breeder I would be behind this kind of legislation 100%.

There's been ANOTHER pit bull shooting, this time in Everett, where the dog was loose and reportedly came at the shooter, and his daughter, in their yard.
Naturally, the story is being disputed by pit bull lovers, but we'll have to see how this all shakes out

<broken link removed>

It's rather a shame that certain dog breeds seem inherently dangerous, or at least have that reputation.

How many people here have had trouble with dogs?

Oh Snap! Those dogs were just getting their lives together!
BTW: Any pit bull shoot is a good shoot.
lowlife, small penis, gangsta wannabe types seem to LOVE pit bulls. Draw your own conclusions

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top