JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi Kimber Custom,
Here what § 166.260¹ Persons not affected by ORS 166.250(1), (h) A person who is licensed under ORS 166.291 (Issuance of concealed handgun license) and 166.292 (Procedure for issuing) to carry a concealed handgun. It Does say Handgun, Not Weapon or Not Firearm? Yes?

Thanks Tony Portland, Oregon Area

One more time for the people in the cheap seats: 166.250 concealed FIREARMS are a no no. 166.260 says 166.250 IN ITS ENTIRETY is thrown out if you have a license issued under 166.291/292. Regardless of what the title of the document is, 166.291/292 are the procedures, fees, renewals and appeals process for being issued a state ID that exempts you from ORS 166.250.

I'll grant you that the intention was (probably) to limit people to carrying of handguns. What ever the intention was, the way the law reads if I have a license, I can carry whatever I want (as it should be).

I (and I assume most) choose to carry a handgun. Rifles, shotties and NFA items just aren't practical for concealed carry.

Hi fd15k,
Long gun should be tranported safey, Like in the hunting reg. unload. What would happy if the game warren stopped you and you had a (Long Gun) loaded in your vehicle? So just be safe that the name of the game.

Hi fd15k,
Long gun should be tranported safey, Like in the hunting reg. unload. What would happy if the game warren stopped you and you had a (Long Gun) loaded in your vehicle? So just be safe that the name of the game.

I might have seen something regarding Fish&Wildlife loaded long gun in vehicle, but I was unable to find that again. Meanwhile I found this :

Weapons Restrictions: Possession of Firearms

* Centerfire Firearms
* Other Wepons
* General Provisions

What Does it Mean to Hunters and Hunting in Oregon?

In 1995, Oregon Legislators adopted Oregon Revised Statute (ORS) 166.170 giving all authority to regulate possession of firearms solely to the Oregon Legislative Assembly.

* In 2003, the Oregon Attorney General reviewed the statute and determined the Oregon Fish and Wildlife Commission (Commission) cannot limit what firearms can be carried or possessed during hunting seasons.
* In the same opinion, the Oregon Attorney General confirmed that the Commission has statutory authority to regulate where, when, how and by whom wildlife are taken by hunting.
* All ODFW hunting regulations and Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) have been modified to comply with these changes concerning the possession of firearms during hunting seasons.
* The Commission still determines the season dates, open hunt areas, bag limits, and tag numbers for game species.
* The Commission still determines the weapon type that can be legally used to hunt during a specified season.

Requirements for weapons used to hunt with are independent of any weapon(s) the individual hunter may choose to carry while in the field hunting. Regulations regarding when a person may hunt for a particular species also still apply. For example, these regulations state that it is not legal to hunt with a centerfire or muzzleloading rifle without a valid unused deer or elk tag for that time period and area on the person during eastern Oregon buck deer seasons and many of the standard elk seasons (see HUNTING PROHIBITED on page 28 for the exact rule language). Fast Facts about Firearms Possession (pdf)

ODFW Weapons Restrictions

Basically ODFW says they have no authority to regulate firearms beyond those directly used in taking game.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top