JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

measure 80

• yes

Votes: 58 63.0%
  • no

Votes: 34 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Reactions
How do you feel? I voted yes for many reasons, one to quite wasting taxes on jail time,personel(to search)and the time involved with raids.. I think it would be a good taxable income for the state! there are way more uses other then smoking it!

I dont have a problem with making Marijuana legal - until it is however, it is a criminal activity.
I will probably vote yes on it as I actually see it being no worse than alcohol.

James Ruby

It won't stop illegal growing or sales. Government will tax the product above what you can get it from an illegal grower for. The cost of enforcing the "Legality" of it will equal or exceed the cost of enforcing the Illegality of it. It is a no win situation for everybody, as I believe the State Government isn't looking at the revenue in any other way other than to devise a way to spend it!

Therefore....NO

It won't stop illegal growing or sales. Government will tax the product above what you can get it from an illegal grower for. The cost of enforcing the "Legality" of it will equal or exceed the cost of enforcing the Illegality of it. It is a no win situation for everybody, as I believe the State Government isn't looking at the revenue in any other way other than to devise a way to spend it!

Therefore....NO

(3) The cultivation and possession of cannabis for personal, noncommercial use by an adult shall not require a license nor registration.

Measure 80 – The Oregon Cannabis Tax Act

besides, have you seen a lot of illegal tobacco or alcohol sales lately ?

we shall see! i bet it passes beings there are lots of uses for it other then smoking or eating it!

I vote yes, because the government has no business regulating what an adult can do to their own body (or especially, their mind). Also, more middle school kids smoke pot than drink. Why? It's illegal, so it's easier for minors to get. So, let's make it easier for adults to get their hands on and harder for kids to get. Win/win.

I don't care what you do in your own home, that is your own problem. But the moment you walk out the door or try to drive a car when you are high (or drunk) you become my problem. I don't want problems. I'm voting NO.

My wife is a medical marijuana patient and I've seen the abuses associated with that program. We've gone through several punk "growers" who only give the patient what's left after supporting his buddies and selling on the street. I've also seen the dispensaries/clubs selling meth and coke out the back door. To me, the legalalize marijuana proposition is detrimental to the medical marijuana program.

There's another thread going on about this and it's impact on gun ownership. I stand by my point about the inability to quantify the amount of cabinols or intoxicants in a persons body and thus the inabiity to differentiate between a user and someone who is under the influence. Now, if there were national referendum to have marijuana removed from the Class A narcotics list, I'd be all for that.

I was told by a LEO that the worst thing about MJ is that the first thing to go is a person's inhibitions, and in ETOH (Alcohol) lips feeling, and speech, balance, then go the inhibitions.
So if this person is going to be an A** Hole, he will right off. I vote no as paramedic I'd rather deal with a drunk, than a pot head.

perscription drugs and alcohol are the main cause of duii I dont think legalizing mj is gonna make a any more people smoke it then do allready

I was told by a LEO that the worst thing about MJ is that the first thing to go is a person's inhibitions, and in ETOH (Alcohol) lips feeling, and speech, balance, then go the inhibitions.
So if this person is going to be an A** Hole, he will right off. I vote no as paramedic I'd rather deal with a drunk, than a pot head.

As usual, cops are morons who don't know anything.

Gotta love all the BS reasons against legalization given by bigots and old farts who can't stand the notion of other people actually enjoying their lives.

Ever smoked pot?

I cant remember ever getting violent and I have had my card 3 1/2 years booze on the other hand I have

I just greatly dislike hippies and young stoner tweens.. Enough so that I voted no.
Why support their cause when my 2A ones get put down by the pothead pacifists? I don't drink all that often anymore so yet another prohibition wouldn't phase me any either.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads