JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, since their last "amnesty" was a dismal failure, I suspect they certainly haven't learned their lesson, and expect this next amnesty will also be a dismal failure.

Sure, there will always be the government teat-suckers that will do anything mother-government commands them to do, including turning in their personal property. No doubt people in the major metro areas of Australia, the dutiful followers of the high and mighty politicians will have already eagerly turned their guns in.

But I suspect the guns they're trying to get aren't likely in Melbourne or Sydney or any other major city. Instead, I think they're likely in all the other areas of the country - places where people use guns for hunting, survival and self-defense. And, I suspect, many, if not most, of them would willingly extend a middle-finger to anyone coming for their guns.

This is pure fantasy and pure idiocy on a massive scale. I hope every gun they want turned in stays in the hands of the Australian people and only serves to further embarrass those morons.

I would think a Louisville Slugger had the potential to do more damage. They must be next. MLB will be played with whiffle balls.

I wonder where they get the estimate of 260,000 illegal firearms in circulation. I did some study of news and commentary a tear or so back and the estimates went from 250,000 to 6 million.

The truth is that they really haven't a clue.

The bikers do their own thing. This article is a few years old, but I more recently saw one that looked as cobbled together as a zip gun. I suspect either the rate of fire stated is wrong or the identification as machine guns is incorrect.

Police seize sub machine gun from bikie property

This is what happens when you lose control of the government, you get turned into subjects.

The problem is, 20 years ago, there should have been an armed rebellion against their government and law makers. Any government that is obsessed with disarming its citizenry will ultimately turn on its citizenry...

History bears that out as true, over and over again...

And what, here people are rushing out of Starbucks and Mariners games to rise against their oppressors?

Remember Australia was a penal colony, replacing Georgia after the Revolution. They still live in the Boss and inmate, British subject head set in many ways. Australia just gained full control of it's courts in the mid 1980s, I believe. Prior to that the top court was in British control.

Take a look at the Australian constitution. Only 4 guarantees for citizens: religious freedom, right to trial by jury, right to vote and recompense for property taken.

No protection against self incrimination, against search and seizure, cruel and unusual punishment. No right to own firearms.

The right to free speech is not explicit, but inferred by the courts from the religious freedom. I am of the understanding that voting is compulsory. Looking at news articles self defense of any kind is Australia is questionable. The right to compensation is the reason the firearm confiscations are called buybacks.

This is what happens when you lose control of the government, you get turned into subjects.

The problem is, 20 years ago, there should have been an armed rebellion against their government and law makers. Any government that is obsessed with disarming its citizenry will ultimately turn on its citizenry...

History bears that out as true, over and over again...

How else are they supposed to fill up their country with muslums?

Follow up:

20k guns turned in. Headline reads 3x that, but most of the guns brought to the police were for registration, and were not surrendered.

Media Reports Australians 'Handed In' 57,000 Guns Last Year; 37,000 of Them Essentially Handed Right Back

I always like to hear updates on this. Their 'gun ban' has been a failure from the start. Seems even without constitutional protection like we have here, Australians also don't appreciate government overreach of their personal property. I'd love to see Australia send out some of their police forces to the boys in the outback - most of them probably wouldn't come back.

Last I heard the Australia Institute of Criminology was estimating a minimum of 250,000 illegal long guns and 10,000 illegal handguns are in circulation. Fact is that they really haven't a clue. I've seen estimates from what I believe was an anti gun group of over 1 million.

AND the AIC also commented that the overwhelming number of firearms used in crime were either not registered or used by someone other than the legal owner. I guess that means the use of registration information is of less value in solving crimes than maintaining a confiscation list.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top