JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Florence Nightingale syndrome.... classic disease among the female folk! :rolleyes:

Tell her you don't want to potentially wake up in the middle of the night with a huge knot on your head where he smashed a baseball bat across it while you slept, and being tied to a chair and be forced to watch him give them "hot beef cream filling" injections in uncomfortable bobily orifices, then cut them both up into jerky strips or into a new skin suit (while alive) for him to model around the house right before he takes a hatchet to you... starting with your toes and working upwards! :eek:

Yeah, that sheite happens for real. o_O

Edited to add, my daughter told me that she would no way bring this kid home
That's your answer right there. Is your wife ignoring her fears?
I'd be against my Daughter giving him rides or being alone with him as well!
Food, clothes a little money? Maybe. If he's not a drug addict or criminal then services exist for him at 17.
Help him get connected.

It would be good to hear from some of the ladies on the forum; @Monica Cowles or @NWGlockgal around??

A good question for your wife would be, "Why do you want to take someone whom we owe nothing and put them in a position to take everything, and I mean EVERYTHING!!, that we have??"

Last Edited:
Be strong.

Number 1...
He's not an adult, and unless he can prove that the courts have declared him an emancipated minor, you're looking for legal trouble that could cost you your home and your savings, and could end up putting your own family out on the street.

Number 2...
There may be some major reason's he isn't already in foster care that could have to do with his own behavior that he's hiding with a tale of woe.
ie, his last place of residence may have kicked him out because they were afraid of him.

Number 3...
If his mom is an addict she may pressure him to steal things for her. Addicts can be highly manipulative, especially with their children.

Number 4...
There's a reason he latched onto your daughter...15 years old girls are easy marks (ask any Bunco cop) because they still believe in unicorns, warm fuzzy pirates, and that Justin Bieber (or whoever is today's equivalent) is just "misunderstood".

Number 3...
There's no problem in being helpful to him outside of your home or neighborhood by taking him to CPS or a shelter, whatever...
...It's way more than (he says) his own parents are doing for him.

He's an unknown, adolescent, possibly feral, human male, not some lost, shivering, wet puppy...Human's make lousy pets.

I agree 100% with everything in this post. No way would I EVER allow someone like that to stay in my home. The safety of your family is top priority. You can help him by hooking him up with a social worker, the police, CPS or whatever.....but do not bring him into your home.

My wife and I both come from families that will help others out, and we have done so ourselves. We draw the line at letting people stay in our home - we limit that to immediate family or friends we know well. Strangers are off limits - in short, our family's safety is concern #1, period. There is no exception in this department and my wife is just as strongly as opinionated on this as I am.

There are plenty of ways to help without inviting a questionable person into the safe haven that is your home. In the past, my wife and I have paid for several nights in a hotel for folks while they looked for additional assistance. We never give cash to anyone. If necessary, we will buy food, clothes, a hotel room, or specific gift cards.

To be honest, while some may consider it callous to draw the line at inviting people into your home, you need to ask this question - can you help anyone else if the person ends up being a criminal? If they attack or kill you?

I'm surprised your wife is upset with this. I just ran it by my wife again and she agrees (and she, by the way is more generous in helping others than I am), that letting a stranger into our home is an absolute no no.

I agree with your decision.

But, I would get to know the kid, on your own terms. Not necessarily a sit him in a chair and give him a third degree sort of thing, but meet for coffee or lunch and just talk to him. If after a few times, he still gives you the willies, stand by your decision. If you decide he's actually a decent kid and just needs a chance to escape his family situation, then you can modify your stance.

Honestly, it's what you would do with anyone that you might meet on this board.

elsie

Ask your self what you know about this kid, then ask yourself what you don't know?

Then step back and recall the sheet you did at 17 and then look it this kid?
Now think about how you felt about girls at 17 now picture if you got to live with one at 17?

That alone would answer your question and secure your choice. Perhaps share this thought with your wife. Do you want to be a grandpa next year ? Just how will you prevent it unless you and the Mrs will be there 24/7.

DH.

You need to run a BGC.

Background checks outside of the normal NCIC LEDS will yield you very little on juveniles. Cops will not run them unless they have PC to do so, and somebody rolling up to the police station is going to get turned away.

There would have to be your basic traffic convictions and other low level contacts with LE. No SS number at 17 is a huge red flag.

Background checks will not tell you about aberrant behaviors, or other social deviant behaviors. I run background checks on people all the time through commercial sources and find out what I need to know. Juveniles with no SS is going nowhere.

Dads /husbands are responsible for the safety and security of the family and home. No amount of cajolling, arguement, getting the trim cut off is going to change my mind. When I was 17 my main focus was cars and getting laid. Being in the house full time with a 15 year old girl would have been heaven, except for some Daddies who trusted neither me or their precious perfect daughters. Except the girls who's familes had horses etc and barns. But even then you seldom got more than 10 minutes in the barn without Mom or Dad, until you convinced them that you were a good worker and not up to anything else.:eek::eek:

Kip Kinkle was a clean slated kid before he killed his parents.

Just saying.

Background check does nothing. Especially if they are denying having a social security number. Those are issued at birth. Sure did for my 17 year old... 17 years ago.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top