Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

IN NEED OF HELP

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Nelson22, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Nelson22

Nelson22 Rainier, or New Member

I have a single shot .22 that my father gave me when I was 11. Somehow through the years I lost the complete bolt. I would pay just about anything to get a replacement but can not find it anywhere. Please help if you can.
    On the barrel it says : wards western field
    Model 25xnh-ion 22cal s-l-lr
    If you know of any info on this piece it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

A photo is always helpful.

My crossover list in the Blue Book does not list the Western Field M25. An educated guess is that Stevens or Savage or Mossberg is the actual manufacturer. Numrich (gunpartscorp.com) may be able to help you, either with the bolt or at least determining who actually made the gun, so your search is simplified just a bit.

3. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

That's a Noble model 10 made for Wards.
    In 1973 Numrich bought the complete inventory when Noble went out of business, and they aren't listing anything in stock for the model 10, but call them anyway. They don't always list the entire inventory.

4. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

You may want to try Bob's gun parts if numrich does not pan out

Fabricating a bolt would be difficult but not impossible, that would be an expensive last ditch effort. keep it and prowl gunshows instead maybe? It is a great keepsake, don't let it go!

5. Nelson22

Nelson22 Rainier, or New Member

Thanks guys.. I'll attempt noble.. And I have been scouting a bit at the gun shows.. I know what it looks like exactly but just have never seen it since

6. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

Kudos to Jbett! And if he's a real scientist, he'll name his source. (For the benefit of other scientists).