JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need to get a muzzlebrak soldered to a rifle. Is there anybody around Portland you can sugest its just a small project and I called a few and they wanted way to much for a simple job. At the rate I was quoted I could get the barrel replaced.

Tornado Tech should be able to help you, give them a pm if you want it pinned (they are a member of this forum). It shouldn't cost more than $30-50 or somethin like that I wouldn't expect.

Also if you are going to silver solder it, you could do that yourself pretty easily, but I'd recommend going pinned because then it will be obvious to any suspicious ATF agents at a glance that you have it permanently attached.

It has more then enought legal parts so thats not an issue but I found where I can get it threaded for the 50 but I have to pay for the shipping. It really doesnt need it but I like the looks better with it on. So Ill find out there number and see what they say thanks.

It has more then enought legal parts so thats not an issue but I found where I can get it threaded for the 50 but I have to pay for the shipping. It really doesnt need it but I like the looks better with it on. So Ill find out there number and see what they say thanks.

I think what he's mentioning is legal length. The ATF has been iffy, at best, on whether the silver solder is actually legal. Pin and Weld is the best, way to go and it 100% legal.

Is the barrel 16" without the brake? I'd have the barrel threaded and pinned by Tornado. They just did a barrel for a customer of mine and it looks better than factory! Mike does top notch work. :s0155:

Most muzzle brakes are made from heat treated material. If you're permanently attaching it to bring a gun up to legal length, it needs to be Hi Temp silver solder if solder is the method chosen. The heat required will screw up most heat treating as well as blue finish on the gun, and I wouldn't recommend it. For muzzle brakes and flash hiders that need to be permanently attached, we usually use blind pinning with a small TIG weld over the top.

If it's just to stop a brake from unscrewing use Hi Temp red Loctite or Rocksett.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top