JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for recommendations on quality inch/pound 1/4" drive adjustable torque screwdrivers. 20"/lbs looks to be the minimum setting I'd need though a driver adjustable to 10"/lbs up to 60"/lbs would be dandy.

Parameters:

-no Wheeler fat wrench or the like, I'd prefer to stay away from plastic bodied and lesser quality tools. If I'm going to spend fifty bucks for that, I might as well see what I can get for a touch more.

-max budget somewhere in the $100 range before taxes and shipping.

Looking at ebay, I see a few that look promising but have no experience with names like Mountz and Tohnochi.

Advice/recommendations greatly appreciated!

Last Edited:
a lot of options on these. If you don't want Chinesium grade tools, why are you looking on Ebay?

I've seen quite a few that look to be good but I'm drawing a blank on them right now. I've seen them on gun channel benches etc and they would be worth a try if I could just remember.

I have a Wheeler fattie and it works as needed. I also have a pre-sellout Craftsman in/lb but that's for auto work and it works well.

Could check the ratings on the products listed here too...

10-250in/lbs
This is the third time this company came up on my searches.

Passed on-to me by my grandfather.
I have three in my set.

Mac Tools Torque Screwdriver
1/4" Drive
1 - 36 in lb
P/N: TSM2-36
S/N: 08079536

KT-130 Utica Torque Limiting Standard Model Screwdriver 43 Piece Kit
Part Number: KT-130
Brand: Utica

I also have a 1/4" drive Snap-On, low denomination ft/lb ratchet set

If you don't want Chinesium grade tools, why are you looking on Ebay?
In addition to the many products of lesser quality sold on ebay, thousands of high quality, lightly used products are also sold at a price that makes them more easily available to persons on a budget.

It's not all junk from overseas, you know?

Hoping I didn't offend.
10-250in/lbs
This is the third time this company came up on my searches
Tekton makes some decent products, I'll research further, thank you!

Depending on how much your going to use it, the quality and precision your after, Snap-On or Uitca are your best choices, but almost double your budget! You can find them both used on ebay and pawn shops, but expect to pay $75 and up, and then have to send them in and have them calibrated, which almost defeats the good deal you might get!
I use the Snap-On exclusively on my airplane, when stuff has to be exact, there is no other choice! When the Engine requires a certain torque value, I need to know the tools will provide that exact spec with out guessing, you don't want #2200 pounds of aircraft landing forcefully in your back yard! :eek:

Nothing in stock at my local specialty tool house. The sales man helping me quoted prices for CDI. Perusing the catalogue page he printed for me i see a product that shows promise. 15774783838421657900571993672916.jpg
Depending on how much your going to use it,
I failed to mention, this will be used almost exclusively for scope mounting, failure will not likely result in death or injury.

My personal favorite is the Wheeler FAT Wrench for the use you're intending.

Just my experience. :)

+1 on the Wheeler FAT wrench

image.jpeg

"Wheeler's FAT Wrench brings perfect consistency to every screw on your rifle! This amazing handheld torque wrench lets you apply repeatable, accurate torque settings to scope rings, guard screws, windage screws and base screws, which aids in accuracy and decreases the opportunity for problems in the field."

EDIT: there is a time and place for everything under the sun - even Chinesium :s0108:

Last Edited:
Fewer tools are actually USA made today. Even those with American provenance are likely made Asian.
I have a couple Mountz Inc. I paid a pretty penny for in the 60"s ( from Japan) as I had to have Wrenches that could be calibrated and I could have certified for government contract work. I no longer use them as the handles were Ok when I was young, but too small of diameter for my old hands now.
Initially suspect, I checked and rechecked my Fat wrench and the Brownells, Juxtaposed to the Mountz units, and could find no reason to stop using the new ones. Its not like measuring powder by the grain.
Brownells has a magna tip version that I like better than the fat wrench ergonomically. For the price of the Mountz you can buy two Brownells, one for the shop, and one for the range bag, and a couple beers to boot! 1577491090891.png
But Hey, You can still buy Mountz today.

This is mine - Anschutz stock bolt wrench. I hire it out to club members who have spiffy Anschutz rifles - they borrow it, and put £5 in the club funds. UK price is around £90 or so, but I got mine from the late Mr Anschutz who used to come around all the gun shows fixing and tweaking Anschutz rifles. I think I paid him around £55 about ten years back?

1577706977949.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads