JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Because we were (Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, Coast Guardsmen) once, and young.

I seem to act like a dumbazz in every picture I have. Here's me being a helpful part of the crew served weapon team by pointing out a water buffalo or something

20190524_201432.jpg

This is about as serious a Submariner is while the boat is in the shipyards. I'm very sure that I was mouthing off to my seniors.
Jokes on them, I got to hang up in the rafters all day.
1604712_10202114132589706_1245478424_n.jpg

This is one of only a very few surviving photos of my time in service. I was a young MP when this photo was taken, before I re-upped for the Infantry. My hairline sure was a LOT lower back then... LMAO!
E7132AB0-5601-4C39-9A61-5236A44A83A0.jpeg

Cameras weren't allowed most of the time where I went, and possession of said was a severely punishable offense.... and yes, they riffled through all our kit (short of bodily orifices) before and after we moved out.

Regardless, where there's a will there's a way.... my buddy, Rob while deployed... "south" of the border. That's him in the middle rappelling in an Army recruiting pamphlet..
5944AC25-7980-46E3-BC5D-9293B6D321BD.jpeg

His cremated remains now rest in Arlington. I'll see you on the other side, brother.

Yes, we were young, and we were soldiers.... BUT
98F54673-4269-4A24-B8B1-0053DF75E3B9.jpeg

After a nice long ruck in the rain...

iaarng 001.jpg

In Hawaii with the oldest still serving SH3 in the fleet at the time. Built in 1955, IIRC.

SH31 001 (2).jpg

In the Philipines overlooking Subic Bay after Mt. Pinatubo blew and destroyed it...

navydays4.JPG

In my room on PMRF Barking Sands, Kauai, HI, taunting my girlfriend...

IMG_20170201_204617913.jpg

Because we were (Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, Coast Guardsmen) once, and young.

I seem to act like a dumbazz in every picture I have. Here's me being a helpful part of the crew served weapon team by pointing out a water buffalo or something

View attachment 582767
532446-7a93edd110771bcb31dec8fbb2df97af.jpg

I just thinks it's cool that you saluted water buffalo!

No joke guys, thanks for what you gave. It certainly left you something that people like me, that missed the draft by two weeks thanks to Richard Nixon, could never possess. :s0152:

Here's my buddy of over 30 years, Joel getting promoted to a Navy Lt.Cmdr (O-4) a couple years back... I was honored to be asked to participate in the ceremony and drove 2hrs each way to make the ceremony... yeah, I'm the balding bearded one holding the Bible... I still reflexively "snap too" when "attention to orders" is called out, LOL
0C2D46A0-DB6A-4C11-BDFD-284DB9506419.jpeg

Me and his wife pinning on his shiny new oak leaves.... that expression on his face is RELIEF because I was whispering through gritted teeth (ventriloquist style) the entire ceremony that I was gonna pound the rank pins into his clavicle.... "are you ready? Blood leaves baby... here they come!"... he's all (through gritted teeth), "no, no, my CO's right here (an O-6, BTW) don't do it" I pinned the leaf, then raised my hand up like I was going to pound it down and suddenly brought my hand down.... and fastened the turtle-backs under the collar.... PHEW!!

Look how red he is with that release of fearful tension... Army Infantry gonna grunt! LMAO..
F4F21AF6-27AF-4339-B068-6B24C967006D.jpeg

Told y'all my hairline was a LOT lower in my late teens/early 20's!! :D

Last Edited:
Thank you guys!!!
And all those who didn't get to come back.

You are not forgotten!!!!

Gen James Mattis is supposed to be at Boeing air field in Seattle today speaking on the unveiling of a statue commemorating the Vietnam Vets who came home, and those who didn't.
Since they received such a heinous reception back then.

God Bless you all past, present, and future

Last Edited:
Thank you guys!!!
And all those who didn't get to come back.

You are not forgotten!!!!

Gen James Mattis is supposed to be at Boring air field in Seattle today speaking on the unveiling of a statue commemorating the Vietnam Vets who came home, and those who didn't.
Since they received such a heinous reception back then.

God Bless you all past, present, and future

Boring or Boeing? :s0140:

A line from a song seems fitting :
"Find the cost of Freedom , buried in the ground...
Mother Earth will swallow you , lay your body down..."

Sorry no pictures of Andy in the service...they are packed away along with awards , medals and such...
Most of the places I served , I was a bit busy for picture taking..and as Stomper pointed out , we were "behoved" to leave cameras behind...:D

To all who served Thank you...
To all who went , but are still there at times...Know that you are not alone...
To all who never came back, you are not forgotten.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads