JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I am a stone cold atheist and I come from a line of war hardened atheists...but I am in no way offended by the phrase on our currency. It has a strong historical significance. If anyone is so insecure about their own beliefs that this phrase bothers them, they really need to reevaluate their position, IMHO. That is not to say I cannot see their point about the separation of church and state, I just do not see this as important or threatening.

Which "god" are we talking about?

Personally I'm against any symbolism on our currency, not that it matters much since Dollars are on their way towards being really expensive kindling.

This country has gotten to where it's at because people have forgotten Him.

'if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land'. 2 Chronicles 7:14

This country has gotten to where it's at because people have forgotten Him.

'if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land'. 2 Chronicles 7:14

Oh sorry. I forgot to mention that this is what our founding fathers believed.

We were a blessed nation when we were a nation under God

nothing cracks me up more than God fearing atheists as most of them will become born again Christians

a true atheists does not fear God as they just simply do not believe in God

I am against have "In God We Trust" on our money only because of the way it got there. This was done around 1955 by lobbyists of various Christian organizations (particularly the Kiwanis Club) to push their beliefs on everyone. Before this time this phrase was only found intermittently on our money.

It is not the motto of the US. The Founding Fathers chose "E Pluribus Unum" which truly reflects how this country came together.

"In God We Trust" does not reflect the whole of this country and was never intended to by the Founding Fathers. For these reasons, i don't think it should be mandatorily found on our money.

I have nothing against people's personal religious values. Having them is one of this country's greatest assets. But forcing others to be part of it is offensive to those that have different beliefs.

This is why I'm here. I love the knowledge that is available! Seriously. Kind of like "under God" in the pledge? Knights of Columbus...1951 I think. I'm not offended by any reference to God though.

I let this thread go to see how it would develop, and just as I thought it's going into religion, where we don't want to go on the site.

case closed.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews