JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just incase you get into an argument with some anti that says Military style semi auto rifles weren't around in 1791 when the Bill of Rights was ratified. Tell them to pull their head out and learn something about what they are talking about and then show them this

The Girandoni Air Rifle: Deadly Under Pressure (VIDEO) - Guns.com

The Girandoni Air Rifle fired a .46 cal round ball at 900 fps (about the same as a Thompson Sub Machine Gun! It had a 20rd mag and could be quickly reloaded using spare air reservoirs and round balls in tubes.

Lewis and Clark carried one and impressed the Indians all the way to Astoria.

Been posted before but the new members probably haven't seen it yet.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

I always tell them that when it comes to the 1st Amendment, the internet didn't exist in 1791 either.

So if they want to write their anti-gun crap, they have to do it with a quill pen on parchment, and post it on trees around town.
Or buy themselves a printing press, and do it like Ben Franklin did.

Then I remind them that when the BoR was written, the guns they were talking about were the equivalent of the finest military rifle(s) available, so that's what the founders intended the average American to keep and bear.
Guns equivalent to the finest military rifle(s) available..
Shuts 'em up every time!

+100
I'm stealing this!
Very Interesting that NONE of the L&C documentaries I have watched ever mentions the TYPE of air rifle taken along on the treck!

Been posted before but the new members probably haven't seen it yet.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Yes I know Deen I posted a similar thread back in January

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/ge...assualt-rifles-when-bill-rights-ratified.html

And commented on a similar topic in Oct http://www.northwestfirearms.com/le...t-does-not-apply-semi-automatic-firearms.html

And your correct its very good for the new guys and gals joining our fight to know about this historic rifle.

The internet and ham radio didn't exist then either, the arguments against weapons restrictions stands on thin ice. Note I did not limit it to firearms and the Founders didn't either, they owned mortars, cannons and rockets. Lexington and Concord, 1775 were an attempt by the British to confiscate cannons, cannonballs, powder and flints stored at Concord. Lexington just happened to be first on the way

yes, we are already heavily infringed

The revolution actually went tilt on April 19th, 1775, and not long after that at Bunker Hill where the militia kicked the Brits to pieces until their powder ran out. The Brits were in utter shock that "mere rabble" colonists could destroy Redcoats so easily

The Militia had a 1000 batting average, George Washington, no so much. Men volunteer fighting for their families and way of life fight harder than mercenaries for pay

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top